IGNORED

High Score Competition (April: Starfort)

arcadeshopper

Time to start March's competition!

It's quite some time that we don't play a game by TI. My first choice was Blasto, but then I realized that it was already selected, even if it does not appear in the first page. So it's time for a to the Moon... more precisely for a trip inside the Moon... will anyone find the elusive Zygonaut?

Unknown.gif

I don’t know about all the colors of dots in Cave Creatures, but the green ones seemed invincible. And some dots seemed to “suck up” the creatures and then they would appear in the other side of the screen.

The sprites were difficult. Especially several levels in. Sometimes they would spawn right on top of you.

It was a fun game, but instructions would have made it better I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, jwild said:

I don’t know about all the colors of dots in Cave Creatures, but the green ones seemed invincible. And some dots seemed to “suck up” the creatures and then they would appear in the other side of the screen.

The sprites were difficult. Especially several levels in. Sometimes they would spawn right on top of you.

It was a fun game, but instructions would have made it better I think.

I agree with everything.

My impression is that all kinds of dots "suck up" the creatures. I also think that the position where they re-appear is exactly the opposite (with respect to the screen center) of the one where they are sucked.

On 3/7/2021 at 6:45 AM, mizapf said:

A list of speech phrases in Moon Mine: https://www.ninerpedia.org/wiki/Moon_Mine

Trivia: Plogue bought from TI the rights to the LPC speech in Moon Mine, Parsec, and Alpiner.

They developed two characters, Terminal 99 and Lady Parsec, putting the samples into their formant synthesizer to make Lady Parsec sing.

To my ear, I don't hear much resemblance.

Also just figured out the space bar, but not what to do with the Zygonauts, they just come by or can we shoot them?

20210321_231114.thumb.jpg.5607e4a20e8ba200940105e8fb131512.jpg

I don’t think we can shoot them, but they are such a great touch. There seems to be more that one way they taunt you too.

• Like 1