IGNORED

High Score Competition (April: Starfort)

arcadeshopper

agreed. BTW, do you know how many levels are there?

I know how many levels there are....but I'm not telling.

Thank you to all that played this month! I can't help but wonder what happened to Airshack.

Happy November everyone!

*********************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************

TI-99/4A High Score Challenge

Month: November 2017

Game: Q*bert

6400_front.jpg

6400_back.jpg

"Q*bert's captivating arcade adventures hop your way with lively action, colorful graphics, and arcade-like sounds.

Spring Q*bert up and down the steps of a "three-dimensional" pyramid, changing the color of each step as he lands. Complete an entire pyramid, then hop onto a more challenging one.

But look out! All sorts of crafty arcade creatures pursue Q*bert. You'll need good timing and quick reflexes to hop Q*bert away from danger fast--or soar him to safety on a Flying Disc. But watch where you move Q*bert. One hop off the pyramid, and he'll be lost in space!

Q*bert--the irresistible arcade character in a captivating game full of fanciful fun."

q_bert_render_edit_by_nibroc_rock-d92ssb

@!#?@!

******************************************************************************************************
******************************************************************************************************

Edited by jwild
  • Like 1

I know how many levels there are....but I'm not telling.

Thank you to all that played this month! I can't help but wonder what happened to Airshack.

Happy November everyone!

eheh... well done! ;-)

We should have another monthly compo to continue playing Urudium, in order to discover the number of levels! :-D

Oh, F-yeah! One of my favorite conversions. Though if you are used to playing on the Atari 2600 you will find the joystick position is different than the TI joystick positioning and you. will. fail.

absolutely- it's one of my faves too so I'm looking forward to maybe actually competing this month ;)

Unlike its clone Cubit, I found that turning the TI stick makes the game much easier to control. I think maybe the Q*Bert manual references that, too.

Just before leaving to the airport flying to Europe

(I think it is the best score I ever got on this game, I cannot remember I ever reached level 3 before)

btw I play the one on the big eprom game 4 cartridge, but I get those weird e accent (like in the screenshot)

all over when going on the moving platform back to the top. not sure what it is. have no time to try out other

emulators. And other versions (as mentioned above are Cubit) and Jumpy on the TI-99/4A. Also good fun.

Q*Bert score 29595 Level 3

Classic99 with Suzo the arcade joystick

post-39490-0-73912200-1509630532_thumb.jpg

... btw I play the one on the big eprom game 4 cartridge, but I get those weird e accent (like in the screenshot)

all over when going on the moving platform back to the top. not sure what it is. ...

That looks like the TI Writer font's ASCII 14 character. That font shows the first 16 characters as lowercase hexadecimal digits with that left superscript dot. Of course, that does not explain how it got there. |:)

...lee

• Like 1

That looks like the TI Writer font's ASCII 14 character. That font shows the first 16 characters as lowercase hexadecimal digits with that left superscript dot. Of course, that does not explain how it got there. | :)

...lee

I changed to another Q*BERT BIN file and all looks okay now (maybe some memory issue on the Game Cart 4 ?)