IGNORED

High Score Competition (March: The Mine)

arcadeshopper

Yes, but as we already heard, this strategy is certain doom in higher rounds. So try to collect everything in the "easy" rounds (1, 4, 7, 11) and then switch to primarily laying chains.

When I complete round 1 with less than 7900 points, I usually start over. :)

I agree with Michael, you need to get as much points in the lower rounds (max 8700 per round) to get extra Munch Mans.

but it hardly works every "3rd" group of the same type of screen as these Hono's are faster

and in later levels they are faster than yourself (just go and hope they are in your path to collect points).

but starting level 21, then it is possible again to catch them in 1 go to get more points.

Every 10.000 there is an extra Munch-Man, so collecting points is important.

What I haven't check if there is a max. number of Munch-Man in the game e.g. max 9 limit,

which means theoretically if you have not been eaten AND reach 70.000 point you can have 3+7 = 10 Munch Mans or more ?

(I checked with SHIFT 838 as this one shows max. 9 MunchMans).

so what ???

:grin:

:-o attachicon.gifMunchScore--.jpg :-o

:grin:

hahaha that's funny "Are you Freddy" (have you seen that game by the way http://tigameshelf.net/asm.htm search for Freddy)

btw - is that number on top your bank account number? (just kidding!) I remember that

you have this book: https://ia600707.us.archive.org/29/items/tibook_cracking-the-994a/cracking-the-994a.pdf

Yes, but as we already heard, this strategy is certain doom in higher rounds. So try to collect everything in the "easy" rounds (1, 4, 7, 11) and then switch to primarily laying chains.

I'll assimilate this information, and adapt my tactics. :D

When I complete round 1 with less than 7900 points, I usually start over. :)

That sounds very familiar.

I agree with Michael, you need to get as much points in the lower rounds (max 8700 per round) to get extra Munch Mans.

but it hardly works every "3rd" group of the same type of screen as these Hono's are faster

and in later levels they are faster than yourself (just go and hope they are in your path to collect points).

but starting level 21, then it is possible again to catch them in 1 go to get more points.

Every 10.000 there is an extra Munch-Man, so collecting points is important.

What I haven't check if there is a max. number of Munch-Man in the game e.g. max 9 limit,

which means theoretically if you have not been eaten AND reach 70.000 point you can have 3+7 = 10 Munch Mans or more ?

(I checked with SHIFT 838 as this one shows max. 9 MunchMans).

Yes indeed, knowing what to expect each roundnumber is the key to get the most lives, i.e. the most points.

However, getting more points or not, it sure is a lot of fun.

• Like 1

hiscore5_zpsajyzh3r0.png

I think... I get it now.

Tomorrow I will try to break 50k. I have learned something while playing and I lost two lives in that last level there just testing a theory... Had I kept playing the way I was, I would have been okay for at least another board or two, but I needed to try out a couple things that ended up getting me killed. The Hoonos get pretty quick in level 10... They can outrun you. :)

A mixture of philosophies and techniques will, I think, win the day for me and my quest for 50k. Stay tuned...

***NOTE***

If you'd like, post your game-play times to the Game Tracker... Munchman already has almost 300 minutes. :) Would be cool to see it in the weekly top ten with the big dogs.

I believe our current leader is globeron with 153,840... A seemingly insurmountable score for someone of.my meager skill level. :)

Mizapf has been on top previously, as have one or two others.

Anyone going to pass 200k? :)

I can't wait to see how these next few days shape up. Hope for some drama!!!

Today I was at a cybersecurity panel with ITU. The other speaker amazed me how Artificial Intelligence is used also for automated cybersecurity issues. But he demonstrated it with this (it might be somewhere on atariage) ...hope we do not implement this on our TI. https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DV1eYniJ0Rnk&ved=0CCwQtwIwA2oVChMI56qtwefLxwIV0QaOCh202gi5&usg=AFQjCNHmgylcqNHnlByBq5pd12zKnyuiBA&sig2=7iig15qAed88fBHnahWoEw

hmmm, I do not believe in real, artificial intelligence. I think it is all trial & error, statistics, stochastics, saving results,

re-analysis, and somehow intelligent programming based on all of that. And based on the specific problem, given in a task.

And today, Ai is raising up, because of specialization of people, because of raising CPU-performances,

and more memory (to save more "experiences), and faster memory, more sensors, more specific data.

But how should real iron learn ? how should it be "logically" ?

How should it use and interprete all these saved "experiences" ?

I call it "intelligent programming" - But, I am ready for any surprise.

:)

• Like 1