IGNORED

High Score Competition (March: The Mine)

arcadeshopper

MM hasn't been carted but could be easily.

:)

And I really liked the label you used on the diskette release... Perhaps it could be modified into a cart label.

Thanks for Never-Lander. I have probably spent a good 10 hours playing it this month.

The Chainsaw is evil....

Hey it's the new year!!!!!

Another good month for TI gaming as we saw several scores above 200K on this game.

I know with the Holiday season and all, it was tough for alot of players to spend alot of time with the game this month, so BIG THANKS to those of you who posted scores. :)

Happy New Years to everyone... I know Iwantgames will be along shortly to give us the rundown. :)

TI-99/4A High Score Challenge

Month: January, 2016

Game: Parsec

20160101_214301_zps4fpc5dg2.jpg

Prize: A serial numbered full green copy of the 2015 Holiday Demos Compendium

20151127_213825_zpsamp5qmhc.jpg

-OR-

The boxed Parsec game you see above. It has a tear in the box, but I can ASSURE YOU, it has never seen the light of day. Look how minty fresh!!!

20160101_214334_zpsdux5pxv3.jpg

Shipping: I will pay shipping, international shipping included

******************************************************************************************************

******************************************************************************************************

Let's kick of 2016 right!!!!!

Here's a meager starter score for you game-nuts out there. :) I expect each and every one of you to beat this score handily. ;)

parsechigh_zpsomququob.png

• Like 1

This took me a few rounds, gee challenging.

Score 54,100 (I believe I never made it that far in this game...but now there is a competition)

This is the ultimate test with emulator, device or the TI-99/4A console can handle this game

(I have not tried V9T9 yet, nor MAME/MESS). Also it seems that Windows 10 Professional

is running the emulators in a slower / jitter / latency type running the games (cannot figure it

out and not compare it to Windows 7 anymore).

* Classic99 v386 and built-in Parsec (tried with normal Joystick and with Joy2Key)

but it seems you cannot move up and down while shooting (which is important for Parsec)

* JS99er.net with Joy2Key and Wireless Oker Joystick (benefit is to program keys 1, 2, 3 for the LIFT while fuelling)

works okay, but only in Firefox 43.0.1 (the other browsers give too much Jitter / latency (Windows 10?)

* PSP 2000 + PSPTI99 ("TI-99/SIM" port) works with shooting and joystick

the only issue is to switch fast between LIFT 1 and 3 (need to program the keys)

* but I went back to the real TI-99/4A + F18A GPU and Suzo Arcade Joystick, it responds better to moves

(only drawback is to press the keyboard for 1, 2, 3 to Fuel)

and once it happens I was at the top of the screen (and crashed in the ground ?)

not sure if this has to do with the F18A Graphics?

Results

JS99er: post-39490-0-69639400-1451724896_thumb.jpg

PSP: post-39490-0-13138400-1451724872_thumb.jpg

TI-99/4A: post-39490-0-12261800-1451724466_thumb.jpg

Edited by globeron

We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

Come on, try. Parsec is not really that difficult to play.

There are strategies to each wave of Alien Craft... The "bosses" are each individually talented... They each hsve a specific pattern and act a certain way UNFAILINGLY!!

Once you learn the pattern, it is money...

Indeed, but it's nearly always the Dramites which bring it to an end (as happened here).

Dramites and saucers are what eat my lives. I havent worked out the saucer pattern yet... Usually I start low and jump to the top when a top saucer comes out. In later levels when you have to hit them 3+ times, I often get whacked from behind while avoiding saucers that are already onscreen

Saucers (normal): Stay as high as possible for the first three ones, dodge them if required, but don't proceed until the first three ones are done. Wait for the other ones to appear. Then you have a lot of space in the upper third of the screen. Dive down, shoot, go up. Repeat until all enemies are down.

Saucers (nasty): A bit difficult to predict, but stay slightly above half height. They will appear with increasing heights. The last two ones will appear at the top.

The saucers become nasty when you have lots of ships, and in particular, when you just got another one. This also happens when you get another ship during the wave, which makes the attack pretty difficult to predict. You can make then return to normal if you sacrifice a ship.