IGNORED

High Score Competition (April: Starfort)

arcadeshopper

So I won the competition?!? Wow! :-o

Sorry guys, in the last week I had to stop visiting the forum (and also playing) because of happy event in my family: my new daughter is born! :)

I am very happy and also confused, you know... so I did't have time to think to the next month game, please let me think a bit...tomorrow I will tell!

(my problem is that I don't have a joystick to connect to my Mac, so I would prefer a game that is playable with keyboard, as was TI invaders). :?

For now let me dedicate my glorious victory to my new daughter Fiamma and also to my friend CIX, founder and maintainer of the TI99 Italian User Club!

Thanks to his passionate work and valuable help, my interest in the TI99 is reborn. It is to him that I discovered this nice place where I can play TI99 games together with all of you! :D

Thanks CIX and Viva l'Italia ! :-D

Edited by Count9929A
  • Like 4

Congratulation Count9929A ! ;)

i am very happy for you and thanks for your kindly words :) I'm flattered and pleased.

and MOSTLY, Congratulations on the arrival of your new beautiful FIAMMA ! I'm sure you will make wonderful parents.

post-24673-0-55036300-1457047108_thumb.gif

YOU WON TWICE ! :) :) :)

• Like 1

Congratulations, friend!!! I have one boy and two girls... There is nothing like it. :)

Another excellent game for your play-setup would be my favorite TI game of all time, Henhouse.

You start your day as a farmer... Enjoying your day... Shooting a few birds here and there, collecting eggs...

It does not take long before your day turns into an insane barrage of madness. :)

Enjoy your family time... And no rush on a game announcement. :)

Congratulations on the newest addition to the family, Count9929A! I just have my two youngest boys in the house. They are a definitely precious gift--and they both love to play with their TI. It gets almost as much of their game time as their 3DS does. . .and with all of the recent game releases, the fraction of time on the TI is beginning to exceed the 3DS time often enough that the most used system is likely to flip to the TI soon. :) Soon your little one will be clutching her favorite joystick and having fun with the TI too. . .and another generation will be solidly hooked on our machines. :)

thanks to all of you, my friends!

Fiamma is my second daughter. The first one is 8 years old. She has played a couple of times with my TI, I remember her using Meteor Multiplication. And she also did, with my help, a very simple TI basic program! ;-)

My dream is to learn TI Logo all together! :D

Anyway, I am ready to announce next month's game!! :-o :-o :-o

The first time I saw it I was amazed for its graphics and music, so far ahead of all other TI titles I knew (I was in Italy, in a pre-internet era, TI stuff was scarce). For the first time I had something to proudly show to all my friends with their c64s...

It also feature a quite original game mechanic. So even though it does not have the fame and magical mood of classics like Parsec, TI invaders or Tombstone, for me it's a milestone in the TI game history. (BTW, it is also quite playable with my keyboard :-D )

So, ladies and gentlemen, let's start the race for the highest score at

Slymoids !

Hope you enjoy it!

I propose to start playing from Level 1, because as far as I remember, the game automatically advance form level 1 up to level 5. And again, I propose to compete with the NTSC 60hz version, our European have to play outside! :-D

• Like 2

Hi Michael,

What was the prize? I somehow missed it. Was on very heavy travel (26 hour flights) I really tried to play TI Invaders on the PSP

(and even outsourced it to someone at the conference who coincidentally also likes TI, but she could not get the points either)

Wow what a scores! Looking fwd to the next game! (now 1 week at home, so can use real Iron)

I did not offer any prize, sorry (I just don't have enough hardware / media / other stuff to give away ...). But I think there is enough incentive to hunt for high scores.

TI Invaders was really a tough battle!

Whaattt nooooo prize??? (Just / Kidding) :-)

In that case can you help with an instruction manual how to install MAME (latest version) on which Linux platform and how to get the Emulators to work?

(or is there a complete packaged version to make it easy?).

(I am still using the older MESS system and QMC2, because I like the graphical interface to switch between different TI's /4,/4A,/8, CC-40 and Geneve 9640)

Slymoids always looked cool to me, and I'm early enough to post a starter score without being embarrassed, hehe. ;)

I've never played it deeply before, I and wish I had now, cause it does look great, sounds good, and plays well. I managed to loop through the screens to level 2, at least. One thing I noticed that was a disappointment was despite the nice 3D gameplay, collision detection is still sprite based. If a distant slymoid touches your hat, you die. ;) And is there a way to get the jellyfish before they come down to your level? ;)

I'll also attach the cartridge in case people need it.

post-12959-0-41734000-1457156363_thumb.jpg

Slymoids.zip

• Like 1

@sometimes99er: thanks you!

About TI Invaders: I would like to show you the following hi-score which, I think, it's my best result ever.

post-45282-0-18539400-1457278393_thumb.jpg

I did this on the 13th of August 2014, on my real TI99, which is of course a PAL version. You can see the aliens that come after the birds: they are flashers, but in blue color, instead of green. They are more dangerous, because they completely disappear during their motion.

I'd like to see what comes next (without cheating ;) )

• 2 weeks later...

OK then, approaching ...

(Anyone else trying to beat the high score? :) )

By the way, I'm in the second outside scene of Level 3, should be at roughly the same point as Count9929A, and I have still less than 50K points. Did I miss something? I know that you get more points for the approaching enemies than for the ones already at the front, but this can't give another 25K points.

post-35000-0-96599900-1458998515_thumb.png

Edited by mizapf
  • Like 1

I will give this one a try, but I typically am not that good at these type of games. On a side note, my son who is 7 got to play alot of TI a few days back and loved it!(He loves Q*bert, which as you know is done well on the TI99).

Edited by swlovinist
  • Like 1

Ok, I try to warm the competition, but I have few hopes to win this one!

How can I make pictures appear embedded in the post?

Gee that's high, I will try on my real TI-99/4A (USA 60 Hz) with a real joystick (Suzo the arcade),

so far with Sony PSP, RetroPi (all TI-99/SIM emulators) not been able to reach it.

I still do not understand the color bar (it is something that all colours need to be the same to change level)

(also I have not read the manual yet, but learning a lot of new terms when doing this competition, never

knew the MunchMan character names and Parsec's).