IGNORED

High Score Competition (April: Starfort)

arcadeshopper

Disk version I got tired before I ran outf2ad043d1a9874322135ee8ffea999e3.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Wow what a score! In the mean time i have been playing other BTs on retropie. Mame/arcade version is very difficult and looking at graphics of other systems, then the TI looks the best/most closest to the arcade system.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

11 hours ago, pixelpedant said:

Well, in one of my more questionable life decisions, I played to pattern 73, Score 330850, 41 Pepper.  Stopped, as it's past my bedtime.  It can be played indefinitely, it would seem (or until killscreen, if there is one).

image.thumb.png.5a79fdac2e9bcd2c5bfcef898a9a6688.png

cart or disk?   I see xb27 in the computer.. maybe the version included with that?

• Like 1

Yeah, I just used the one on the XB 2.7 cart out of laziness, presuming it was the same as the cart version.  I have the original cart.  But like I say - lazy.  I'll see if the original cart's the same, tonight.  And you can just execute the same patterns, for each level-type repetition.  But I figure probably. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

Ok I played the cart and it's very different than the disk version.. disk must be a beta likely the xb27 version is the disk version and it is if you have this title screen I just confirmed in my cart it's the disk version on xb277f69e1e332aa1c5eecd4aa8e28a6c181.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

That is the start screen I get using the ROM on the FlashROM/FinalGROM Image Repository

It also looks and feels like it plays identically to the one I was playing last night.  Enemy patterns all seem the same. 

Do you think that's a conversion of the disk version, and not a dump of the cart version?

Can't confirm with physical carts, as I'm not at home at the moment. 

Edit: I think it is.  Says EA5 conversion in the original message where it's posted. 

Edited by pixelpedant

21 minutes ago, pixelpedant said:

That is the start screen I get using the ROM on the FlashROM/FinalGROM Image Repository

It also looks and feels like it plays identically to the one I was playing last night.  Enemy patterns all seem the same. 

Do you think that's a conversion of the disk version, and not a dump of the cart version?

Can't confirm with physical carts, as I'm not at home at the moment. 

Edit: I think it is.  Says EA5 conversion in the original message where it's posted. 

yeah if it's a rom its the disk version made into a rom.. if its a GROM it's got a G file..  I confirmed the file in the finalgrom.zip on whtech has the grom version