IGNORED

High Score Competition (April: Starfort)

arcadeshopper

Yeah, my first few games were rather abysmal and embarrassing, but once you get into the groove and figure out timing you move along rather quickly. I have to clean all my projects out of the dining room today then I shall put in a half-hour of game.

• Like 1

I cant beat level 1!!! Lol!!!

:grin: if it helps.... throw your ropes in the middle of the ledges, and line up your mountain climber dude where his head is 'in' the ledge. you wont get hit and you can time when the snowball goes past ya.

sort of like- 'walk, rope, climb, wait, grab green box, grab gold'- it helps to pair the box/gold or grab clusters of boxes first. usually the last box/gold set is the one at the top for me and i get those last.

i also make sure that when i do the rope at the end to get bigfoot, he has just thrown a snowball and it's one level underneath me.

the double snowballs from lvl 5(?) and up really get me.

• Like 1

You have 2 unlimited resources as far as the game is concerned: ropes, and time. It seems to me to be more of a puzzle game than an action game.

-M@

i like this description! i find myself looking at each level trying to determine the best placement for the ropes.

this month has been great because i really do like this game- and i can contribute by sharing my strategies/experience with it. :)

• Like 2

He tracks weekly, so all times are tallied on Monday for the previous week. If you add times later in the week, just make a note To add: before your game and minutes.

That way he knows this is additional time, and not total time. :)

It is an awesome thing he does. I try to post when I can.

Wonderful game and nice memories of the past! Bigfoot (together with Fathom) have been the first (and only) asm language game that I bought on cassette tape, when I was a kid. In Italy, in 198x (x<=5) it was really difficult to have TI99 material and even news. In the city where I was living no shop sold TI99 stuff. One day I was in Rome (more that 3 hours by car from my place) for some reasons so I convinced my parents to visit a local computer store that advertized TI99 stuff.

I was interested in learning ASM so my aim was to by a 32K expansion to use Paolo Bagnaresi’s assembler for XB+32K (the source code was published in an italian magazine). At the shop I bought the ram expansion (a sidecar made by Essemmeci). Then the seller told me that I could use it to play games on tape. At the time I believed that the only software on tape were hobbistic programs in basic, and that the only possible support for cool (asm) games were cartridegs. So at first I didn’t believe that Big Foot & Fathom were asm games (never heard of them, again in Italy very few infos on software for TI). But boy, those tapes were really cheap compared to the cart (I think I payed 10000 lire each, more or less 5$). So it was a great discovery! I could enjoy cheap “copies” of commercial software, like all the C= kids did! wow!

Unfortunately I had no more chance to visit Rome, so that was my only “experience” P-)

Back home, I didn’t like Big Foot too much. It required a lot of time to load from tape, and after that I got a game that appeared a bit slow. The graphics were nothing special. I preferred Fathom, and 2049 miner (yeah, I bought that one too, on cart). Now I appreciate Big Foot much more, because, like others have said, it’s a mix of puzzle and action.

So, enough writing for today (please forgive my bad English) it’s time for the score, that’s what I reached after the first gaming-session (real TI, 50hz)

post-45282-0-68665800-1516212320_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

here's what I have for the leaderboard so far this month- Bigfoot has been really popular!

globeron 24580

jedimatt42 24370
Count9929A 22830
digdugnate 22460
jwild 22170
mizapf 22090
arcadeshopper 21960
oldcs1 21390
rickneff68 21260
opry99er 3100
Let me know if I missed a score or one of them is inaccurate.
Edited by digdugnate