IGNORED

How to run games with v9t9

missumj

Michael - Can you load the ASSMDS2.dsk in MESS?

(it works in other emulators and runs on real iron), but I get this loader screen corruption

Not sure if that has to do with the disk format ?

No problem here. Press FCTN-4 and do a LIST to see whether the corruption is inside the program or display.

Just noticed: Seems as if your lower characters are gone. For a short moment I suspected you started the TI-99/4, but the screenshot says 99/4A.

Thanks. I'll check it tomorrow. I'm not using PC now.

BTW, how to run these games with Classic99?

-Mission X

-3D Tic Tac Toe

-Ms.Pacman

-Lasso

-Astro Fighter

-Centipede

I downloaded these games from http://tigameshelf.net/asm.htm

Search also on the Atari Age forum for RASMUS games (like Roadhunter, Scramble, Flappy Bird, Titanium, Sports, Jet Set Willy to see the latest greatest!)

For the others:

e.g. Mission X

1. image DSK1. to the (v9t9.dsk image)

2. Select the Editor / Assembler Cartridge (the module)

3. Select option 5

4. DSK1.MISSION1 (MISSION1 is mentioned on the webpage, it is the filename)

Note:

To see the content of a .dsk (v9t9), the easiest is to use the TIDIR tool of Fred Kaal

http://www.ti99-geek.nl/Projects/ti99dir/ti99dir.html

A PGM (program file) is either an Extended Basic program or an Editor Assembler game.

For the others it should be similar.

But for LASSO they mention E/A option 3 (it will load automatically)

but sometimes in E/A 3 you need to know the start word.

and you need to know the start function "e.g. "START"

(the nice part of V9T9 tool is that it will automatically display this start word !).

No problem here. Press FCTN-4 and do a LIST to see whether the corruption is inside the program or display.

Just noticed: Seems as if your lower characters are gone. For a short moment I suspected you started the TI-99/4, but the screenshot says 99/4A.

I tried also other disks with similar loader and got the same result, but when I load it into Classic99 (the same disk) it shows it normal

(MESS 0.157). when doing the list, funny enough I do not see the full names as well (?). Also I made sure that no other program

is accessing the disks at the same time. Let me try tomorrow the other MESS-version to see if that works.

Just to rule out any weird configuration issues, please start MESS directly on the command line, without QMC2 in the middle.

mess64.exe -peb:slot8 tifdc -flop1 ASSMDS2.dsk -cart extended_basic.rpk

It did not work "1-2-3" on my system, I need to look into it in more detail in the weekend what can be the issue.

(but if it works on your system and other people's installations that's most important).

C:\mess>mess64.exe -peb:slot8 tifdc -flop1 ASSMDS2.dsk -cart extended_basic.rpk

Error: unknown option: -peb:slot8

Error: unknown option: -flop1

Error: unknown option: -cart

Was the extended_basic_100.rpk a local file of yours or is it one of the extended basic variants on whtech.com? Is it a bad package and should be removed or just not compatible with the game being used.

http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/software/s_carts/ext_basic.html

They both should be maintained for historical accuracy. Obviously, the v1.1 is the better choice.

Edited by mdorman

Well thanks for the update, I have been out of the loop for a very long time and if I knew, I had forgotten, that TI had produced two versions of extended basic. I have many flavors of ExBasic from other sources, but haven't used any of them very much recently and so don't know the capabilities of each.

• Like 2

http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/software/s_carts/ext_basic.html

They both should be maintained for historical accuracy. Obviously, the v1.1 is the better choice.

Interesting, I did not know that. Do you coincidentally know how to check if an Extrended Basic is V1.0 or V1.1 ?

(I have the Black label one and the White/Blue label one to test).

Interesting, I did not know that. Do you coincidentally know how to check if an Extrended Basic is V1.0 or V1.1 ?

(I have the Black label one and the White/Blue label one to test).

CALL VERSION(A)

PRINT A

You should get 100 or 110 for those two versions.

post-12959-0-16936600-1440301314_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

...is the 1980er mentioned here (Black with red letters) really v110 or v100 ?

My version - black with red letters is a V110

(I do not have more modules to test)

(but vaguely I remember now this version issue in the 1980's,

it is prob. somewhere documented in one of the TIjdingen - Dutch magazine)

We need a "Web99" tool for magazines as well (Hint to Klaus!)

• Like 1

Extended BASIC was originally released with some insidious bugs. TI discovered this in the spring/summer of 1981 and pulled the program from the market for a while. Replacements started flowing out toward the end of the year, but it was still a bit hard to find until April/May 1982, when they finally eliminated their backlog. Most of the defective cartridges were replaced by TI, so there aren't a lot of surviving examples of this one. Look into early issues of 99er magazine for comments on the Extended BASIC famine. . .here's a newsletter from MUNCH that details the specific flaws they fixed.

• Like 3