IGNORED

Opcode Games News - Q3 2015

opcode

I like how the multi-colored sprites are towered to be 2 sprites on a line.

Yeah, I'm always careful with that kind of thing. Still, I think there would be a lot of flicker when things get busy. You could easely have Popeye, Bluto, a few flying bottles, some floating hearts and the old Sea Hag all lined up horizontally on the screen. There are probably some things that could be done as tiles instead of sprites (like the bottles) but the flicker could still get a little ugly...

By the way, I was surprised to discover that the arcade version of Popeye features the bouncing skulls thrown by the old hag at the top of the screen! I always thought this was a feature specific to the NES version. :)

The only thing about Lady Bug is that I hope it has the veggie hunt bonus (Coleco) rather than the free game bonus (Arcade) for spelling out the word SPECIAL.

The veggie hunt was really cool on the CV and of course it makes sense for a home version of the game.

Popeye needs a make over for sure and I would love to see a Montezuma's Revenge that resembles the computer versions. I always thought the CV version wasn't the best port. Wizard of Wor and Tron are also up their on the want list.

Please do Wizard of Wor ..and/or even better, Robotron 2084 at some point. :-D ;) I remember seeing WoW graphics somewhere.. CV needs these games.

Love that Cosmic Avenger avatar your using. That was the game that made me want a CV. I played that constantly as a kid at a local arcade (bowling alley). Loved that these offbeat arcade games appeared on the CV like Venture and Mr Do....

• Like 1

Because I thought it would make more sense to deal with the older stuff first, games from 1980-1981.

And we will get to some never before ported arcade games in 2017, some scrolling games. Plenty of games to show why the CV is the best classic home console for arcade games...

Sounds good to me. There are some already-ported games that clearly need new ports, and I'm glad when someone produces one. Fans can argue about which those are, but in the end it's nice when better ports are produced.

Never-before-ported games is even better, of course. :) We all have our lists of dream games, I'm sure, but there are so many worthy games from the golden age of the arcade that it'll take a lot of work to get any significant fraction of them ported to classic systems.

• Like 1

Double posting it here:

UPDATE: Ok, here is the latest update, and this one is import.

- Got final answer from the connector manufacturer. All set to start manufacturing the connectors. Want some more good news? Estimated delivery is just 3 to 4 weeks. And that is going directly to the factory in China.

- I updated my pre-order list. I have 146 orders, however 21 modules have already shipped, so about 70 modules are still available. I know a lot of people are waiting for the dust to settle and the modules to be readily available before ordering, but here is the thing: I wanted to wait to have the modules done before I started taking any further orders, but on the other hand I don't want to carry those modules with me next year. I want to be free to deal with games only next year!

So there you have it, 70 modules to go and the SGM will be sold out for the foreseeable future. Once this run is gone, I will have about 30 or so printed boxes and manuals for the SECAM version and this is it, no more SGMs unless I print everything again, what would need about 200 more orders to be feasible. Get yours while you can! I will be contacting the 900 people in my wait list soon, so don't you guys here have a head start.

• Like 5

Yeah, I'm always careful with that kind of thing. Still, I think there would be a lot of flicker when things get busy. You could easely have Popeye, Bluto, a few flying bottles, some floating hearts and the old Sea Hag all lined up horizontally on the screen. There are probably some things that could be done as tiles instead of sprites (like the bottles) but the flicker could still get a little ugly...

All the more reason to upgrade a CV with the F18A since it eliminates sprite flicker!!!

• Like 1

Please do Wizard of Wor ..and/or even better, Robotron 2084 at some point. :-D ;) I remember seeing WoW graphics somewhere.. CV needs these games.

I Have a poster (in virtual form) no wonder if is actually real or something...but look so real for WoW I also want WoW on our mighty CV :) and Robotron...dude..heaven

so many wich list but every step for step...

keep the good god work Eduardo..you are amaxing ;)

(The fuck...I need money to buy my SGM :| )

• Like 1

That is right, SGMs will be shipped according to the pre-order list order.

BTW, the good news is that we will be doubling the SGM installed base. Everybody wins. And I still have the SCART version to take care before the end of the year.

Yes, good thing you remember the SCART version. Could you please confirm that I am on that waiting list?

Flemming Dupont

Selling My Spot: Can someone kindly help me out.

I no longer own any Colecovision stuff so I no longer need a Super Game Module (SGM). I am also not interested in waiting to get mine and sell it on eBay. I would like it to go to someone who will appreciate it and get fun out of it. I have seen others do this before so this is what I would like to do.

My name is listed on the other thread with all those who paid and are in line for an SGM second run.

I would like to sell my spot at exact price I paid Eduardo back in 2014 $95 USD . To be clear I am not selling you an SGM just my spot on the list. Here is the listed posted that contains my name. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/211340-super-game-module-second-run/?p=3217317

I am sure Eduardo will deliver but I am not liable if and when he does deliver. You can pay me with PayPal only.

Once I get payment you and I will inform Eduardo and we will ask that your name replaces mine on the List.

I hope someone is interested in helping me out and thanks for taking the time to read my long winded post :)

Edited by Protestari

• 3 weeks later...

That is right, SGMs will be shipped according to the pre-order list order.

BTW, the good news is that we will be doubling the SGM installed base. Everybody wins. And I still have the SCART version to take care before the end of the year.

Hello Opcode,

Please, don't forget us.... so long to wait ^^

I paid for 2 in the first run...

Edited by scalpel

Selling My Spot: Can someone kindly help me out.

I no longer own any Colecovision stuff so I no longer need a Super Game Module (SGM). I am also not interested in waiting to get mine and sell it on eBay. I would like it to go to someone who will appreciate it and get fun out of it. I have seen others do this before so this is what I would like to do.

My name is listed on the other thread with all those who paid and are in line for an SGM second run.

I would like to sell my spot at exact price I paid Eduardo back in 2014 $95 USD . To be clear I am not selling you an SGM just my spot on the list. Here is the listed posted that contains my name. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/211340-super-game-module-second-run/?p=3217317

I am sure Eduardo will deliver but I am not liable if and when he does deliver. You can pay me with PayPal only.

Once I get payment you and I will inform Eduardo and we will ask that your name replaces mine on the List.

I hope someone is interested in helping me out and thanks for taking the time to read my long winded post :)

Hi Eduardo, Confirmation received and thank you.