IGNORED

Opcode Games News - Q3 2015

opcode

I didn't see the movie, so I am assuming that it was bad?

I saw it and I liked it. People who were hoping that Adam Sandler would be giving a Oscar-worthy performance were sorely disappointed and went on a screaming rampage as a result. Go figure... :roll:

The movie doesn't take itself seriously at all, and reaches quite a high level of absurdity as a result. I guess some people just find that level of absurdity unpalatable. Me, I had fun watching it, just like I had fun watching Scott Pilgrim versus the World, which I highly recommend to all retrogamers. :)

• Like 3

The bad mojo around Pixels had a lot to do with it being an Adam Sandler vehicle, who has long since burned up all of his goodwill from his early movies. I also didn't care for the premise being lifted from Futurama before it became the YouTube short that the movie was based off of. I didn't see it, nor do I have much interest. With that said, if it happens to be on when I'm stuck on the sofa, I might direct my eyeballs at it.

I saw it and I liked it. People who were hoping that Adam Sandler would be giving a Oscar-worthy performance were sorely disappointed and went on a screaming rampage as a result. Go figure... :roll:

The movie doesn't take itself seriously at all, and reaches quite a high level of absurdity as a result. I guess some people just find that level of absurdity unpalatable. Me, I had fun watching it, just like I had fun watching Scott Pilgrim versus the World, which I highly recommend to all retrogamers. :)

I loved the film too (and not only because it is something initiated by French guys... :) ). And my 6 year old soon also.. after that i had to show him all the games we saw in the film. he is looking foward we buy the DVD.

My only regret is it was too short for me, i would like more!!! .. who have seen Kung Fury? ... So good too!

• Like 1