IGNORED

Atari ST Gamer Magazine Issue 2 OUT NOW!

Greyfox

Darren Doyle (Greyfox Productions) is proud to present the next installment of

zx5y88.jpg

Atari ST Gamer Magazine™ Issue 2 has finally been completed now and I present a nice preview to you all of the magazine
in all its glory, this second and final collectors issue of has some great and brand new interviews, facts, and some amazing
and honest Atari ST game reviews for your enjoyment plus allot more, this magazine is again another Digital publication for use
on your tablets, computer and other devices and has a nice and amazing page count of 78 pages of content for you to ponder over.

The cost of Issue two will cost a mere £3.99 / 54.40 / $6.90 for all this Atari ST goodness, so I hope you will support
it by picking up a copy. This time around we also included in magazine page hyperlinking so that you can touch or click on
features in the contents page or where ever there is internet links throughout the magazine for easy access to the pages
of the magazine You can click the link below to visit the Atari ST Gamer Issue 2 promotional video to whet your appetite.

Some of the content to expect to see in issue two of Atari ST Gamer Magazine

m90zzt.png

2mcj248.png

33kdwew.png

Now with even more brand new and exclusive game reviews, interviews as well as a review feature on the Atari ST Demo scene also
included in the new issue of Atari ST Gamer. This is the ultimate second addition to the last in the ST Gamer series of magazines
we will be producing, so we hope you will all support it and enjoy it as much as we did making it.

6fmjc2.jpg

Please click on the above image to visit the newly laid out Atari Gamer series website and consider purchasing some of our other digital publications
thank you for your support of our product.

Darren Doyle
Atari ST Gamer Magazine
Creator and Designer of the magazine

• Like 1

Finally got around to ordering this - sorry I took so long.

Haven't had a chance to go through it yet. I work 12.5 hour night shifts, so

I'm hoping when/if its slow I'll get to. :)

Thanks again for all your hard work on these magazines and I hope you

will reconsider and do another one.!

Thanks everyone who has bought the magazine so far and support this great computer and what we tried to do in the mag, I'd love to hear what you liked about the magazine, maybe what you would of liked to have seen in the magazine? (edit: A Tiertex article was planned, but with no material was retrievable or even enough so we were unable to produce one :( )

ST Gamer magazine strives to bring all those warm, great, exciting and nostalgic ST memories home to the reader as best it can and those who have read it, agree it's great to see some classics brought back to life for the first time in 20 years.

So in courage anybody who has yet to read either ST Gamer issue 1 or 2, you should check them on the website above to see what your missing :)

Have a great Atari inspired day folks!!!

Darren.

I am still reading though issue 2, great work and sure a lot of time has gone into it all. I was a bit surprised at the credits that more people have not contributed to the mag considering it is now issue 2. I am sure everyone has a all time favorite game they could write a review about so other can benefit from it. Original content with the interviews is great stuff. Interview me, I am probably good for a whole issue on its own ;) I am sure other people out there who design hardware could be interviewed, I don't think the mag has to be limited to just software. I for one being more a hardware guru would vote people review hardware and send in reviews to the mag. Probably off bit off topic a bit for a "gamer" mag, but I don't think it would be a problem. There is a lot of hardware out there that a lot of people probably know nothing about yet. I hope others will chip in with suggestions also as of course there needs to be content for a 3rd issue.

Keep up the great work! and thanks for taking up your free time to support the Atari scene :)

Wow many thanks for your comment DarkLord, it looks like I've done my job then :) as regards to doing an issue 3 it is extremely unlikely because of my commitments to family life, work life and the likes, plus the time involved even over a long period of time isn't really viable for me as I discovered creating the first set of magazine based around the wonderful world of Atari was very laborious and mind bending deciding the way it would look and be laid out and the order it would follow, very tiresome and soul draining.

Also exclusive content can be near impossible to retrieve and assemble into some sort of interesting article that people would be willing to read, with it being a gamer magazine, game reviews are all great and fine, but need elevating with additional content that just really isn't there for a future issues. I wanted to do a feature on the ST piracy and compact "Menu Disk" scene but couldn't find anyone to help with it or formulate it to what would of been a cracking piece (excuse the pun) :)

So with many factors involved as a well as only a handful of people coming forward to contribute game reviews, the rest was me and Ross (Lost Dragon) ST gamer magazines should be seen as collectors editions and not like normal fanzine type publications. Which is also about to become even more very special with an incredible limited edition printed version of both issue from this September and November. In between other announcements being made non Atari related.

So for me my adventures will be taking me elsewhere in the future, I've achieved all bases with the magazines on the Atari platforms and don't see an need to anymore issues on these very cool machines.

Edited by Greyfox

Well, I for one am very sorry to hear that. :(

I'm not sure why magazines just don't seem to do well in the retro world of Atari.

For a few years I was giving away free 1 year subscriptions to Atari ST magazine,

as a monthly prize on my BBS but it's releases became so sporadic that I felt it was

unfair to continue offering it.

I'll still keep my fingers crossed and hope that you decide to continue, even if it

is on a 3-6 month release schedule. :)

Well, I for one am very sorry to hear that. :(

I'm not sure why magazines just don't seem to do well in the retro world of Atari.

For a few years I was giving away free 1 year subscriptions to Atari ST magazine,

as a monthly prize on my BBS but it's releases became so sporadic that I felt it was

unfair to continue offering it.

I'll still keep my fingers crossed and hope that you decide to continue, even if it

is on a 3-6 month release schedule. :)

Print media in general is dying. So much information is available on-line that most people just cannot be bothered with a physical copy.

• 2 weeks later...

You would be correct, I think physical copies of magazine globally has declined due to the accessibility of tablet devices not clogging up shelve space, but then again it doesn't compare to that freshly printed scent or the clarity of the printing in your hands which does still have a pretty big foot hold even today.

But for the person attempting to produce something without the over the top printing costs which seem to be getting worse and not cheaper, even more because of the digital format delivers a great product to those who will appreciate all that has gone into it. Atari st gamers goal was to get brand new reviews and extra content that wasn't covered in the general area of the Atari St scene, well that my opinion on it, but myself and the very small, in fact tiny team....got something unique on the Atari ST machine coverage in magazine form for which I was delighted to have been given the opportunity to produce for all the great Atari St fans out there and hope that you will all enjoy the magazine.

And hopefully this just might as well as issue one see a very limited special collectors edition print run in the very near future, I'm still looking into how it will work out and cost etc. and will of course update you all about what's happens :)

Again thank you and everybody who has given the magazine a try, it means a lot to me and pushes me on to create original content like this.