IGNORED

Intellivision 'Dual Action' Controller...

nurmix

I hacked up two matrices (beyond salvaging) while I was working this out, so don't feel bad!

:grin:

I hacked up about four Intellivision 2 controllers originally trying this, but then that isn't too much of a loss. :P

(Apologies to those that happen to like the Intv 2 controllers.)

• Like 2

Update:

Unless one of the people whom I've already spoken to in PMs about supplying the controllers backs out, I don't have any more spare Flashback controllers to use for these.

:(

So the only option right now is to send me 2 Flashback controllers if you want a Dual Action Controller. If I manage to acquire some more, I'll update the thread, but I don't think that's likely - unless they pop up again for a reasonable price around 'holiday shopping' time.

Also, as it stands now, I have 10 boxes. And I'm thinking that's probably all I will make, given that this is such a niche product.

I would LOVE one of these if possible! Thank you, In fact, I want one of the $100. dollar boxed version with a controller adapter for my friend Steve as well, he never purchased one!

Great friend, but what a lousy collector! He wont even see this message because he never shows up on Atariage!

Edited by wolfy62

I would LOVE one of these if possible! Thank you, In fact, I want one of the $100. dollar boxed version with a controller adapter for my friend Steve as well, he never purchased one!

Great friend, but what a lousy collector! He wont even see this message because he never shows up on Atariage!

Happy to make one for you, Dale, but I don't currently have any more spare Flashback controllers to use. So at this point, only the $70 version is available (where you supply the controllers).

I just have to say that "dual action" to me sounds like lesbian pr0n. :lol:

Every time I get a notification of a new post, I tend to read the headline like "Hot Dual Action" and then get slightly disappointed when I see it's from AA. :grin:

Anyway, that's it. Carry on.

I just have to say that "dual action" to me sounds like lesbian pr0n. :lol:

Every time I get a notification of a new post, I tend to read the headline like "Hot Dual Action" and then get slightly disappointed when I see it's from AA. :grin:

Anyway, that's it. Carry on.

Wouldn't it have been worse if I called it the Double Action Controller? Maybe I should ask Rev if I can borrow the Space C*nt cover girl for the box?

Wouldn't it have been worse if I called it the Double Action Controller? Maybe I should ask Rev if I can borrow the Space C*nt cover girl for the box?

Oh gawd! Now you're evoking Lesbian TRON with the Master Control Dual Action Program! :o

I am considering getting some replacement membranes made for the standard controller - is there anything which could be done at the same time in order to make it easier for people to make a dual action controller?

Well, if you're going to use the matrices that work with the original Intellivision controller (that connect to the wires via the large 'pressure pin' connector), I'm not sure how you will be able to fit all of that into a single controller housing. That's why I went with the Flashback controllers - totally different way the wires connect to the matrices.

Well, if you're going to use the matrices that work with the original Intellivision controller (that connect to the wires via the large 'pressure pin' connector), I'm not sure how you will be able to fit all of that into a single controller housing. That's why I went with the Flashback controllers - totally different way the wires connect to the matrices.

Yes, the aim is to make the matrices work with the original controller. However, what I was thinking, was that a separate run could be made using similar drawings, but creating a matrix which is suitable for use with the dual action controller...

If you can provide a drawing / details, then I can pass it onto the factory to investigate options!

Yes, the aim is to make the matrices work with the original controller. However, what I was thinking, was that a separate run could be made using similar drawings, but creating a matrix which is suitable for use with the dual action controller...

If you can provide a drawing / details, then I can pass it onto the factory to investigate options!

You can see how I altered the Flashback matrices in the pictures I posted here. But doing what you're talking about would involve completely reworking the matrices - in two different ways. There are so many traces involved (many of which are interconnected with the disc, keypad and side button areas), that it would take a great deal of work to separate out what could and couldn't be eliminated. I'm not saying it's not doable, just that I don't think I'm going to be the one to do it.

:-o

• 2 weeks later...