IGNORED

FAT ALBERT (Atari 2600) SHIPPED!

neotokeo2001

Wow! So much love for this funny hack.
I've also noticed the scan line count is now the recommended 262 (even through the speech) so no CRT rolls or projector black out re-syncs! (Fast Food has a 257 scan line frame.)

FYI: Computer CRT's like Commodore have no overscan less of the displayed frame cropped off the top and sides. (I used to watch programs with a tuner to a composite computer monitor and comparing to the family set I had the whole frame). The newer the CRT TV set, the less they tended to crop, and with hidden shop adjustment menus you can make your gaming CRT show more game if you desire.

In broadcast TV with closed captioning you would like to have the top cropped because the blinking scan line had the closed captioning data.

The DK Arcade 2600 we've made had the need for 8 extra scan lines to separate barrels from the captured character to reduce flicker. Yes, flicker-haters, it used to flicker more!
I haven't found any problems running 270 lines or anything cutting off the bottom.
Come to think of it, a 290 line display would present as the full 480 picture. 640 by 480 is the Standatd Def size, right? That's wrong. 290 x 2 is 580. (I hate know-it-all type people, more so when they are wrong and don't know it, but at least that was a question I wrote :) )

The trade off of 290 lines is not having as much time to run Atari game code.

Edited by iesposta