IGNORED

FAT ALBERT (Atari 2600) SHIPPED!

neotokeo2001

It turns out that the crash was actually occurring when you touched a dog and had nothing to do with playing of the speech. The problem has been fixed and Albert is making some cartridges now. I know he is making at least 20 now and will make more as time allows.

Was it my woof! sound I tried to copy from Mouse Trap making it crash?

I know you said collision with dog, but I need reassured that it wasn't me.

I didn't add any code, just changed the values for Channel and Frequency. And duration... Did I leave the sound on too long?

(It is really okay if it was me, I would just like to know.)

Was it my woof! sound I tried to copy from Mouse Trap making it crash?

I know you said collision with dog, but I need reassured that it wasn't me.

I didn't add any code, just changed the values for Channel and Frequency. And duration... Did I leave the sound on too long?

(It is really okay if it was me, I would just like to know.)

You would have to ask Albert for the details but I believe it was the woof sound or the animation. Not sure which. It worked on the more expensive board but not the normal one.

Cool! Also, what is Invader X and how do I get on that list?

Invader X will be released at Freeplay Florida in November. Any unsold copies will be offered here.

There is a competition version that is set up specially for high score contest. It has appeared at several shows and meets. There are somewhere around 10 of these all with show specific labels.

This one has been kicking around for a long time but I never was able to get a general cartridge release. It is a hack of Demon Attack. From the beginning this hack was intended to be a Demon Attack 1.5 or Demon Attack Plus. I love the original version of Demon Attack but can play it for hours without any challenge. I can play until it locks up or in later versions can play until I decide to quit. My intended direction with Invader X was just to make it harder and keep the score from rolling. It has grown from there. icon_mrgreen.gif

Changes made to Demon Attack:

Full graphic changes

Full sound changes (Nukey)

Scoring lowered

Difficulty increased

Supercharger compatible(Nukey)

New color rotation for enemies (makes it seem like more types then there are)

At heart it is still good ole Demon Attack but I think the original idea was accomplished.

So are only 40 Fat Alberts being sold here? I'm confused with your 100 and Free Play Florida. I don't live in Florida, at least not yet, and can't attend that, so being #56, do I get my copy, or are the copies being sold at Florida?

Phil

The first 60 cartridges are complete and on there way to me. You will get your copy #56.

75 copies were reserved in this topic. The first 60 will ship soon, the remaining 15 reserves will have to wait until Albert gets some free time. I will be taking additional unreserved copies with me to Free Play Florida in November. If they don't sell out I will offer the remaining copies here.

• Like 1

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I saw your post with 40 and was wondering if more were being made. Will we be contacted when and who to pay? I'm assuming it'll be Albert. Thanks.

Phil

I will be sending out payment notices this weekend or next week. I just want to make sure that everything is ready to go so there are no delays after payment is made.

• Like 1