Ultimate Cart (SD multicart) - preorders thread

electrotrains

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Folks,

eBay is having a 20% off of EVERYTHING today 06 June (Until 7pm PDT) . This means that you can get an UNO cart for $45.59+shipping or an Ultimate cart for $72.00 plus shipping!

UNO: https://www.ebay.com/itm/282582675937

Ultimate: https://www.ebay.com/itm/282990142788

Here is the information on how to receive the discount:

How to redeem your Coupon:

1. Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions).
  2. Pay for your item by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on June 6, 2018
  3. Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: PICKDADSGIFT

Coupon must be used within a single transaction (and can include multiple eligible items), while supplies last. Max one-time use. Only eBay users registered with an address located in the United States, Canada, Latin America or the Caribbean are eligible for the Coupon. Valid only for purchases from ebay.​com, cafr.ebay.​ca and ebay.​ca. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

If this multicart works with the XEGS, then even after 35 years of owning her and playing on her it just may be bye-bye to my 5200 and my 2600 adapter, as I can actually play 8-bit 5200-like games with controllers that actually work.

Only one other thing will persuade me to jump from the 5200 to the XEGS (and there are a few NWOB on eBay up for purchase right now, 5 left), and that is ONLY if Tempest is available for the XEGS/8-bit, maybe someone has an 8-bit conversion of the well-put together 5200 version of Tempest that Keithen Hayenga finished and put out through AtariAge that I have for my 5200, THAT would be either the deal-maker or the deal-breaker, depending on its availability, either in cartridge form or a ROM of it.

My dream collection of physical 8-bit carts, if I could only have 24, would be:

Missile Command

Pac-Man

Donkey Kong

Space Invaders (cart form not the cassette)

Galaxian

Tempest (this one would either make or break the deal)

Miner 2049er

Q*bert

Astro Chase

Gyruss

Mr. Do!

Defender

.....and a few others I'll find out about when the 8-bit multicart becomes available

If this multicart works with the XEGS, then even after 35 years of owning her and playing on her it just may be bye-bye to my 5200 and my 2600 adapter, as I can actually play 8-bit 5200-like games with controllers that actually work.

Only one other thing will persuade me to jump from the 5200 to the XEGS (and there are a few NWOB on eBay up for purchase right now, 5 left), and that is ONLY if Tempest is available for the XEGS/8-bit, maybe someone has an 8-bit conversion of the well-put together 5200 version of Tempest that Keithen Hayenga finished and put out through AtariAge that I have for my 5200, THAT would be either the deal-maker or the deal-breaker, depending on its availability, either in cartridge form or a ROM of it.

My dream collection of physical 8-bit carts, if I could only have 24, would be:

Missile Command

Pac-Man

Donkey Kong

Space Invaders (cart form not the cassette)

Galaxian

Tempest (this one would either make or break the deal)

Miner 2049er

Q*bert

Astro Chase

Gyruss

Mr. Do!

Defender

.....and a few others I'll find out about when the 8-bit multicart becomes available

Dont make the move from one to the other, keep both. I own both the XEGS and the 5200 and would not get rid of either.

There is Tempest Extreme that you can buy on a cart from Video61& Atari sales. I believe it works with the Driving controller on the XEGS.

There are a bunch of homebrews coming out for the 5200 and you will never replicate the CX 53 TRACK BALL and the arcade experience it brings.

In the end two great platforms.

• Like 1

Dont make the move from one to the other, keep both. I own both the XEGS and the 5200 and would not get rid of either.

There is Tempest Extreme that you can buy on a cart from Video61& Atari sales. I believe it works with the Driving controller on the XEGS.

There are a bunch of homebrews coming out for the 5200 and you will never replicate the CX 53 TRACK BALL and the arcade experience it brings.

In the end two great platforms.

Thanks!

Then that settles it, since I already put a TON of $$$ over 35 years into my 5200 cartridge collection and also the 2600 once I got the adapter (I have BOTH the AtartMax SD 5200 multicart AND the AtariAge/Fred Quimby Harmony Encore 2600 multicart) and TONS of ROMS for both, including BOTH Tempest for the 5200 AND 2600 on ROMS (please don't ask I don't want to get in to any trouble with The Powers That Be at Atari), but you have successfully talked me out of getting rid of all that, but, where can I get my 5200 Trak-Ball controllers worked on (I can ship the out to get done) as they don't hardly work, the carbon contacts on the buttons and also the bubble-contact fire buttons do not work, plus the Trak-Balls' bearings need lubing and cleaning. Does Best Electronics have GOLD contacts for Trak-Ball controllers like they do for joysticks (CX24 and CX52, my personal faves)???

• Like 1

… but, where can I get my 5200 Trak-Ball controllers worked on (I can ship the out to get done) as they don't hardly work, the carbon contacts on the buttons and also the bubble-contact fire buttons do not work, plus the Trak-Balls' bearings need lubing and cleaning. Does Best Electronics have GOLD contacts for Trak-Ball controllers like they do for joysticks (CX24 and CX52, my personal faves)???

Contact Dan Kramer on Facebook. The CX-53 is his design from his days at Atari. He might not be able to fix them for you, but he can diagnose them for you and give you individual parts to look at and fix/replace in order to get yours working perfectly.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
Em 18/08/2015 às 16:51, electrotrains disse:

Olá a todos,

O Ultimate Cart é um cartão multicart baseado no cartão SD para Atari de 8 bits, que foi desenvolvido nos últimos meses. Ele permite que você navegue no cartão SD no atari e inicie imagens de cartuchos a partir de arquivos ROM e CAR no menu. Um PCB foi projetado para caber em um padrão de cartucho cinza (após algumas alterações com alguns cortadores e um arquivo).

post-41252-0-87001700-1439927383_thumb.jpg

Ele suporta a maioria das ROMs com até 1 megabyte de tamanho, incluindo cartuchos padrão de 8k e 16k, XEGS, ROMs AtariMax 1 e 8mbit, SIC! Carrinho, Bounty Bob, OSS, SDX e Williams. Os projetos de ROM podem ser facilmente convertidos no formato CAR com o meu utilitário de conversão .

Para saber mais sobre o hardware e o desenvolvimento, o thread original está aqui .

O projeto é de código aberto. Arquivos PCB, arquivos de programação e arquivos de origem estarão disponíveis no github em breve, e eu vou abrir um tópico técnico para discussão quando isso tiver sido feito. O hardware inclui um FPGA e pode ser usado para muito mais do que um multicart - o disco rígido baseado em co-processador e cartão SD são dois possíveis caminhos futuros para o desenvolvimento. Há um cabeçalho JTAG para permitir que o firmware do cartucho seja reprogramado no futuro.

post-41252-0-39993900-1439927451_thumb.jpgpost-41252-0-41225100-1439927641_thumb.jpgpost-41252-0-67780300-1439927586_thumb.jpg

Agora que montei e testei a segunda placa, acho que provavelmente é hora de abrir um segmento de pré-pedidos para que eu possa ter uma idéia interessante.

O preço será de £ 70 (+ postagem) para a placa do cartucho (pronta para uso, mas sem embalagem).

Se você estiver interessado em um, responda a este tópico.

No momento, isso é apenas para me dar uma idéia dos números e reservar seu lugar na fila. Não é um compromisso comprar ou fornecer um. Não tenho certeza de quantas delas estou preparada para fazer, e isso pode levar algum tempo, por isso entrarei em contato com as pessoas enquanto for ao conselho e verificarei se elas ainda estão interessadas.

Desde o seu código aberto, espero que alguns outros possam fazer parte da diretoria também, e possam cobrar menos do que eu.

Inicialmente, tenho mais 3 PCBs no caminho e priorizamos qualquer pedido no Reino Unido ou na Europa, pois será mais fácil enviar / devolver se houver algum problema inesperado. Além disso, veja quanto interesse há.

Robin

On 18/08/2015 at 16:51, electrotrains said:

Olá a todos,

O Ultimate Cart é um multicart baseado em cartão SD para o Atari de 8 bits, que desenvolvo nos últimos meses. Ele permite que você navegue no cartão SD no atari e inicie imagens de cartuchos a partir de arquivos ROM e CAR no menu. A PCB foi projetada para caber em um estojo de cartucho cinza padrão (após algumas modificações com alguns cortadores e um arquivo).

post-41252-0-87001700-1439927383_thumb.jpg

Ele suporta a maioria das ROMs com até 1 megabyte de tamanho, incluindo cartuchos padrão de 8k e 16k, XEGS, ROMs AtariMax 1 e 8mbit, SIC! Carrinho, Bounty Bob, OSS, SDX e Williams. Os despejos de ROM podem ser facilmente convertidos no formato CAR com o meu utilitário de conversão .

Para saber mais sobre o hardware e o desenvolvimento, o thread original está aqui .

O projeto é de código aberto. Arquivos PCB, arquivos de programação e arquivos de origem estarão disponíveis no github em breve, e eu vou abrir um tópico técnico para discussão quando isso tiver sido feito. O hardware inclui um FPGA e pode ser usado para muito mais do que um multicart - o disco rígido baseado em co-processador e cartão SD são dois possíveis caminhos futuros para o desenvolvimento. Há um cabeçalho JTAG para permitir que o firmware do cartucho seja reprogramado no futuro.

post-41252-0-39993900-1439927451_thumb.jpgpost-41252-0-41225100-1439927641_thumb.jpgpost-41252-0-67780300-1439927586_thumb.jpg

Agora que montei e testei a segunda placa, acho que provavelmente é hora de abrir um segmento de pré-pedidos para que eu possa ter uma idéia interessante.

O preço será de £ 70 (+ postagem) para a placa do cartucho (pronta para uso, mas sem embalagem).

Se você estiver interessado em um, responda a este tópico.

No momento, isso é apenas para me dar uma idéia dos números e reservar seu lugar na fila. Não é um compromisso comprar ou fornecer um. Não tenho certeza de quantas delas estou preparada para fazer, e isso pode levar algum tempo, por isso entrarei em contato com as pessoas enquanto for ao conselho e verificarei se elas ainda estão interessadas.

Desde o seu código aberto, espero que alguns outros possam fazer parte da diretoria também, e possam cobrar menos do que eu.

Inicialmente, tenho mais 3 PCBs no caminho e priorizarei qualquer pedido no Reino Unido ou na Europa, pois será mais fácil enviar / devolver se houver algum problema inesperado. Além disso, verei quanto interesse há.

Robin

TENHO INTERESSE