IGNORED

A new evolution in TI programs, so it's time...

Omega-TI

I like Gazoo's UberGROM setup, as that sets the hardware and permanently ignores any potential bank startup issues with the 378s.

One note on the 512K Red Board carts though--if you have the startup code in just the first and the last banks, all should work perfectly as well. I don't ever let one of these boards I built out onto the street with a 378 that starts in any bank but first or last. I reserve all of the ones with other starting banks for UberGROM boards. I also have a LOT of 378s on hand (over 1,000), so I'll be able to build boards of both types for quite a while yet.

• 4 weeks later...

If you don't want to go through all the nonsense and hassle of putting a header in every ROM bank use an ubergrom cart. Burn a 1284P chip for the Grom side using the files in this message. The little bit of GPL code will autostart, set the first ROM bank, and reset to the title screen - you won't even notice that it happened. Your ROM chip now only needs to have a header in the first bank to work, the way things should be. :)

Gazoo

attachicon.gifSet ROM bank 1 - 128k Flash.bin

attachicon.gifSet ROM bank 1 - EEprom.bin

Gazoo, I wish you could read this.... but thank you for this. I'll use this in a future burn!

I found a really good deal on a MiniPro << HERE >> but it comes without all the adapters, which may not be a bad thing if what I've heard is true about really cheap adapters.

The same company sells an assortment of connectors << HERE >> which are probably really cheap as well, but at this point, for the UberCart, I need only ONE adapter, so does anyone have a suggestion for a GOOD QUALITY adapter for that little square ROM chip?

I'd like to order tonight after I get back home, THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)

I know that I am not the one being specifically referenced here, but you can probably get them at Digi-Key or Mouser Electronics, just to name a couple. I do business with Mouser and like their service.

Thanks Dean, I went to Mouser & DigiKey and looked them up, saw the price and figured I'd just get the cheap starter kit pictured below to get started with. I probably will not be burning many chips, so I can always upgrade later. Now I just have to wait three weeks the items to arrive.

post-35324-0-75173200-1443738530_thumb.jpg

post-35324-0-95542100-1443738544_thumb.jpg

Thanks Dean, I went to Mouser & DigiKey and looked them up, saw the price and figured I'd just get the cheap starter kit pictured below to get started with. I probably will not be burning many chips, so I can always upgrade later. Now I just have to wait three weeks the items to arrive.

Okay, I thought that you were talking about the chips, themselves and not the burner. Yeh you are going to get them much cheaper from china or Hong Kong.

I found a really good deal and bought about 2,500 of these flash chips six or seven years ago and then I decided I needed something to use them for. Thus the germ of an idea that became the UberGROM board. . .and that has used up several hundred of the chips so far (and the number I have is also why I include two blank chips with every board).

I have sold a few to folks that needed more than one--or that wanted a set of them preprogrammed (I provided one group of them as a complete set of the various 512K Gazoo cartridges to one guy who wanted them that way). Contact me via PM if you are interested in buying some. . .

• Like 1