IGNORED

Games You've Finished Without Continues

BillyHW

• 2 weeks later...

I used to beat UN Squadron in the arcade on one credit all the time.

I finally was able to do this just a few months ago. I was always 'good, ish' at the game but a High Score comp over at BYOAC made me work at it... I didn't manage to 1cc it during the comp but finally got it after! Such a fantastic game though. I think if I ever have the room and disposable income for dedicated arcade cabs, that'd be my first.

I spent a good few months trying to 1cc Wonder Boy Monster Land. Fail. That last level kicks my arse.

There's not many I've pulled off, other than most of the old school fighters. I used to be able to do SSF2 for SNES with every char... know I beat Tekken 3 with every char but I'm sure not all of those were 1cc. Anyway....

Streets of Rage definitely, Double Dragon (NES), Megaman 2/3/4/X, Turtles in Time...

I was always super jealous because my brother could beat Contra on one life. I've beaten it without the code but never wthout continues.

How the HELL people "1cc" stuff like Castlevania, or 1-life Doom, just destroys me. I can't even like, 5cc Super Mario Bros!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am totally flipping out right now (in a really good way) because I just 1 credit cleared R-Type for the original Game Boy! :D

I never imagined that I'd be able to 1CC this game, especially with how often Stage 4 trips me up. I was just trying to beat the game regardless of how many continues it took me, but on my third run I actually managed to get through the whole game without using a single continue. I am utterly flabbergasted. :o

Games I've beaten without using continues? Too many to list! I will say that I've never beaten Ninja Gaiden or 1943 without using at least one continue, however. As for Contra and Super C (which I just call Contra 2): I never need the continue for those games; in fact, I usually have zero-death runs in those two. Contra is nowhere nearly as difficult as many people like to make others believe it is.

Some of my proudest were probably the following:

• Super Mario Bros. 1-3 (NES)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: the Arcade Game (NES)
  • Contra (NES)
  • Super C (NES)
  • Knight Rider (NES)
  • Little Nemo: the Dream Master (NES)
  • The Legend of Zelda (NES, no saves)
  • Zelda II: the Adventures of Link (NES, no saves)
  • Battletoads (NES)
  • Bubble Bobble (NES, had over 3 million points)
  • Dr. Chaos (NES)
  • Jackal (NES)
  • Robo Warrior (NES)
  • The Guardian Legend (NES, my favorite NES game)

I was SO CLOSE on Guerrilla War (NES) once. I was on the level prior to the final level and lost my last life and had to use a continue with almost 1 million points.

Edited by DuggerVideoGames