IGNORED

Mattel's Repair Service

SoulBlazer

So I was looking at a old Intelivision FAQ -- even though it was last updated in 1995, there's some info and interviews in there that I had never read before, and are not on the BSR website or anywhere else.

One part I found really interesting was this section:

"7.8 -You've really messed up and are wondering what to do...

One of the most asked questions we get at the Blue Sky Rangers is "Where can I get my Intellivision repaired?" Well, the official Intellivision repair service (i.e. the one Mattel still refers people to when they call) is:

J.H.C. Electronics Service

901 South Fremont Avenue #108

Alhambra, California 91803

Phone: 818-308-1685

Fax: 818-308-1548

J.H.C. is owned by James Hann, the guy who ran the repair service for INTV Corporation. While their primary business is special controllers for newer videogame systems, they still have the equipment to test and repair Intellivisions and are (amazingly) still willing to do it.

They advertise: "J.H.C. Electronics will repair any Intellivision video game system, no matter where or when purchased, for one low price! Complete overhaul, thorough testing, no-charge return shipping to you - only $49.95."

J.H.C. can also repair Intellivoice and computer modules. Call for prices.

Note: They do NOT have Intellivision II power supplies. They get asked that all the time, and they looked into having some made, but the minimum order is 500. J.H.C. has 100 people on a list now, and if they get 400 more commitments they'll have a batch made up. We wouldn't hold our breath, unless someone wants to pay $3,000 for the first one to get the ball rolling. Still, if you want to be added to the list, e-mail us at Tech@intellivisionlives.com; we'll pass them along to James if a significant number of people write."

So, is this company still around? Would they really still fix a system for you? I seem to recall reading a post from someone that they had some complaints against them at one time. And is still not possible to easily find INTV II power supplies? :)

• Like 2

Sometime in 1996 I bought about 300 games, an ECS (brown), 5 test carts, a bunch of controllers, 10 circuit matrix replacement sets for 2609 and intellivision III which are different.

I also got a bunch of UN-formed boxes in mint condition.

A bunch of the games came in Diner boxes with photo copied pictures of the correct box glued on them... very strange.

10 of the games were supposed to be Super Pro Skiing. They were the correct box, but had normal skiing in them! Found out after selling one on ebay.

I ended up having to open the boxes. All were wrong :(

I sold a bunch of the rare games on ebay for $30. Had I known Mud Buggies would be so INSANE, I would have held them a little longer.

Anyway, at that time, James was trying to sell me all of his Intellivision inventory and repair business.

He wanted like $100,000 for it all. He sent me the inventory and had it listed at over $300,000.

But when I looked at it, some of the items were way over priced. I might have the paperwork around someplace?

I am thinking he did sell it off? I would bet 4-jays ( I think is the name? ) picked it up.

If anyone does contact them, I'd like to know if they are still repairing intellivisions? I'd like to buy a few STIC and RAM chips!

• Like 3

Wow, very interesting bits of history. I think I have one of those Mountain Madness boxes from the later days. A few years back someone was selling empty boxes for around $20 each, but they had slight damage on the front like there had been glue applied at one point.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

• 5 years later...
On 6/14/2021 at 1:52 AM, Games For Your Intellivision said:

How about giving them a phone call?

My research-fu is pretty good.. I do like to ask "who knows what" on here in addition to doing my own research because people in this forum often have context that I do not. My research includes calling. I didn't get the Junior Reynolds Research Department official path from The Intellivisionaries for nothing. :)

Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, First Spear said:

My research-fu is pretty good.. I do like to ask "who knows what" on here in addition to doing my own research because people in this forum often have context that I do not. My research includes calling. I didn't get the Junior Reynolds Research Department official path from The Intellivisionaries for nothing. :)

Thanks. 

You learned from the best after all. ?

54 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

If they're still repairing systems, I wonder if they could repair a Non-working Keyboard Component ?

I was thinking the same thing. I still have not tried to fire mine up. I've been grotesquely busy. 

17 hours ago, BBills456 said:

I tried to call and appears phone no longer in service

Thanks, you got to them before I did. I didn't expect them to be in service, actually. The hunting includes chasing the leads and links to a working phone number or email address or LinkedIn profile, getting any people, then seeing if those people have connections back to the original organization. If anyone wants to chase this down, that is great, since it's not super high on my priority list, but otherwise I'll get to it.

36 minutes ago, BBWW said:

4Jays used to have Intellivision stuff. I bought a ton of common carts from them for Home-brews.

Do you still happen to have a couple homebrew games in the works to be released at a future date?

That would be super cool! ?

11 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Do you still happen to have a couple homebrew games in the works to be released at a future date?

That would be super cool! ?

Yeah...maybe 5...sigh...yikes...I better get busy.

• Like 3