IGNORED

TI-99/4A - Resources & Lists, PDFs, and some Lists

Schmitzi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi schmitzi,

again some notes regarding the cartridges v1.15c list. The european manual part numbers need to have the digits after the dash as well, as that distinguish between 99/4a and modern style of the manual.

They are further used to distinguish region/market variants. And they are used to indicate a fix.

• Video games 2 (GB/D/FR) (Mind Challengers): manual part number is .1103032-0000
  • Munchman (GB): manual part number is 1103064-0200, I don't have the classic manual, but that should be 113064-0000
  • Music Maker (D) Musiklehrer: manual part number is 1103050-000 (not 4 times '0')
  • Text- und Dateiverwaltung (GB)(D) Personal Report Generator: manual part number is 1105729-0001
  • Gestion Privée (F): manual part number is 1103021-0302
  • TI-CALC (GB)(D)(F)(I): manual part number is 1103222-0300
  • Schachmeister (D) (German Video Chess): manual part number is 1103023-0000

• Chisolm Trail: correct module name is Chisholm Trail
  • Editor Assembler (for CC-40): part number is SS-4002
  • The Cyc shows "16K-Cartridge for CC-40" with part number SS-1000, while you show it as SS-3000. Maybe an owner can clarify this one.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

just a changelog.

Sorry I cannot work on post #1 because it is broken, absolutely dead. Sorry, no christmastree this year...

So I have to wait what happens, but I am loosing the fun. Take care of your threads !!!

(But I think there is no chance to do something to prevent from a disaster, it just happened)

post-41141-0-06833300-1480846505_thumb.jpg

The question is if and how to backup all the data entered here on AA, if it goes down.

This is a massive global TI99-knowledgebase work from all users, for many years,

and I think we need to find a way to monitor that, and to take some backups.

If we really want to have a heritage of the TI-99 and the knowledge we really should speak about that.

If something bad happens to the server or whatever, the knowledge is over.

I have PDFs from some "important" threads/topics, but this is not surfable, and old again one day later.

Also backups with teleport do not work.... any ideas for a scenario ?

xXx

2016-12-04-CHANGES-RMS06j.pdf

• Like 1

The question is if and how to backup all the data entered here on AA, if it goes down.

This is a massive global TI99-knowledgebase work from all users, for many years,

and I think we need to find a way to monitor that, and to take some backups.

Hm. I could try to write a parser to store the content and attachments of all threads. I wanted to do that anyway with yahoogroups/comp.sys.ti/atariage to be able to integrate all that data into Web99 to be able to search for full text or files smoothly.

It's all on the list, but the number of vacation days is quite low currently as next year is my honeymoon.

First thing on my list is still scanning the missing European manuals for Mike Wright's The Cyc. I promised those til christmas.

• Like 1

♪ when I think of all the good times that I´ve wasted, having good times ♫♪ :)

Would be a good move to get a backup if possible. maybe the Yahoo-Groups first ?

Because Yahoo is Yahoo....

The problem saving this 2 forums here seems to be that tools like TelePort can not differ

between the Topics and the forums, and so it tries to save ALL topics, mission impossible with my license :)

Yes, a piece of intelligent software is needed to do so. And would be cool if this backup is "locally surfable".

(But "readable" in any way is sufficient)

The TelePort tool is somehow cool, as it can generate local links from the downloads.

Maybe you remember, one of our often used and linked-to servers here was down a year? ago.

I was able to relaunch in (as a test :) ) on one of my toxic sites, with fully relinking support.

This works. But has to be tested on every server/site that I backup, and I have many....

But first is to have a backup. Rest can follow up if something happens.

xXx

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ho Ho,

here just some updates on my floppy formats list.

I added the "Track per disk" next to the "Tracks per side", to prevent from struggling with that (40/80/160),

as I got confused and mad every time I worked on it :)

I also did some other corrections and added the coercivity, where I found some data about (thx wiki)

If you see errors, or have any ideas or suggestions, pleaaaase. it´s welcome, as I am guessing much :)

thx

and a happy new 2017 and all the best to all my friends and not-friends,

on this fu.....nny world. Hope things will get better soon. yes, I really do :)

xXx

(see update in post below!)

TI-99-4A-Floppy-Formats-v1.06.pdf

PS: I got answer from Albert, he was missing in action, but the main post #1 will be ´repaired´ next year :lust:

If some lists are missing, I can reconstruct them, no prob.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick little update-

Cassette Software- Stainless Software-

Video Titles was written by Stephen Shaw

Stephen Shaw did not write Snakes and Ladders or Mr Frog- unable to find author's name.

Save a Sketch (two versions) was written by Stephen Shaw based upon code from Peter Brooks.

I have several UK magazines listing numerous cassette games which seem to have been lost and can supply a list of these if of any value (not currently in the listings). Generally the reviewers never indicated TIB or XB but few were in XB.

Not Stainless Software cassette software-

AsTIroids was written by Bill Bies. (Published by North Hills ??)

Modules-

The Myarc Extended Basic II module that I own does not mention Level 4 and is for the standard TI99/4A not the 9640. It requires the Myard 512k ram card with special chip, plus a supplied disk.

In case anyone wants to see one I am attaching an image of a Super Space II and a Tronics Picture Parts module- these seem to be the rarest I have.

The Picture Parts module has not been opened and seems to have had a different sticker placed over the original label at some point. I have copied the back of the module for info- it has an ATA serial.

post-47425-0-58359700-1483996525_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

A significant number of the Tronics cartridges in circulation were apparently prepared for use by Tronics and then relabeled with the Scott Foresman label for the same title. The labels used in this overlabeling mode are always easy to recognize, as the text on the Scott Foresman label is red (on a white label). Normally, their text would be blue (on a white label) for one of their cartridges (the later ones, as the really early colored-case ones were all over the map label-wise).

The really hard ones to find are the Scott Foresman titles in colored cases. The reading cartridges came in blue cartridge cases, the mathematics exercise cartridges were in red cases, the School Management cartridges were in gray cases (except for the mathematics courseware one, which was in a green case), and the six math games were often in orange or sometimes green cases.

• Like 1