IGNORED

TI-99/4A - Resources & Lists, PDFs, and some Lists

Schmitzi

A quick little update-

Cassette Software- Stainless Software-

Video Titles was written by Stephen Shaw

Stephen Shaw did not write Snakes and Ladders or Mr Frog- unable to find author's name.

Save a Sketch (two versions) was written by Stephen Shaw based upon code from Peter Brooks.

I have several UK magazines listing numerous cassette games which seem to have been lost and can supply a list of these if of any value (not currently in the listings). Generally the reviewers never indicated TIB or XB but few were in XB.

Not Stainless Software cassette software-

AsTIroids was written by Bill Bies. (Published by North Hills ??)

Modules-

The Myarc Extended Basic II module that I own does not mention Level 4 and is for the standard TI99/4A not the 9640. It requires the Myard 512k ram card with special chip, plus a supplied disk.

In case anyone wants to see one I am attaching an image of a Super Space II and a Tronics Picture Parts module- these seem to be the rarest I have.

The Picture Parts module has not been opened and seems to have had a different sticker placed over the original label at some point. I have copied the back of the module for info- it has an ATA serial.

Thanks, I have entered that now :)

For the Level 4 of MyArc´s Extended Basic I am not sure...

I saw that in this way, so maybe I have to add another (earlier?) one without that note ?

About my "9640"-tag I really don´t know how I got this, as this is a cartridge for the 99/4a...

Any idea ? Or just remove that "compability" ?

(It is not ABasic, I know)

If you have a list of more UK-proggies: YES PLEASE :)

Best is something where I can copy and paste the contents.

I enter it all. all. all.

• Like 1

Early releases of the Geneve included a version of Myarc XB 2.12 as a substitute for ABASIC, as ABASIC wasn't ready yet. It had a few issues, but it did work (and when I rested program compatibility between the Geneve version and the 99/4A version, ISTR that there were also a few incompatibilities. I do remember that it did fix a couple of bugs that were still in the 99/4A version though.

• Like 1

uktigames.txt

If you have a list of more UK-proggies: YES PLEASE :)

Best is something where I can copy and paste the contents.

I enter it all. all. all.

Text list attached - not cross checked with your list nor with TI Gamebase but I am sure there will be some new unknown titles and probably a few unknown publishers.

• Like 1

The thing is, a forum is one of the worst ways to keep information for a longer time, be it Yahoo, AtariAge, or similar. We keep trying to preserve information by pinning, but there is no structure or organisation beyond the title, searching is also limited. It is almost like a desperate attempt to abuse Excel for creating a formatted document.

There is a number of better ways - including, repeating myself, using a Wiki like Ninerpedia, and for this purpose it was originally created. Unfortunately, there is hardly more than a handful of people putting text in there, and it was even called "my wiki" at some times, which is a plain misconception.

As I see it, there are two problems with it:

- From the view of the forum, it is "somewhere else".

- It requires a little (but not much) knowledge about how to enter text.

Or are there other issues that can be resolved?

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

hmmm, waiting 7 (seven) month now for this thread to be repaired/fixed.... (see date of post #1)

what if this happens to the development resources thread, or any other ? :(

If all you need is editing ability for your posts in this thread, @OLD CS1 should be a able to accommodate you.

...lee

• Like 1

attachicon.gifuktigames.txt

Text list attached - not cross checked with your list nor with TI Gamebase but I am sure there will be some new unknown titles and probably a few unknown publishers.

So here we are :) Many new entries, thanks to BlackBox !!

Here are the new ones from your list, some of them (you mentioned as "maybe imported from US") really seem to be existent,

i.e. by Miller grahpics. To get it here, I just added the existent ones to your "tag" in my list, and marked them red in the background.

Maybe, any idea ?

thx

xXx

2017-03-03-CHANGES-AA-BlackBox-06L2.pdf

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I made a massive 14 hours marathon yesterday, to tinker out a better solution for the localizations.

So I went about 20 times through the almost 4.000 articles in the "big XLS" :)

I was able to extract ALL data from the CAT4-column (Housings/Requirements), to fiddle out the orphaned data.

So all the future (and renewed) lists will have "more power", as I am able now to differ that by the filters.

Doing that, I also entered the countries at this point, for the EU (i.e. EU/GER or EU/NL a.s.o)

At the end, there remain "only" about 600 out of the 4.000 records now, having no localization.

That´s no problem at all, I´ll add this missing ones step-by-step, if I now more. I want it 100% ;)

Source looks like this now:

post-41141-0-64246500-1493380790_thumb.jpg

If you want ANY list, just maybe as a test or whatever, pls let me know. I´ll do it

Stretch you fantasy ;)

Next big step maybe is the column "Label" (here on the right side), but I need some weeks to think about how.

• Like 1

Here some brand new lists: TI-99/4A EGA - Enhanced Graphics All

All related to ALL graphic enhancements:

TI-99-4A-EGA_ENHANCED-GRAPHICS-ALL--v1.21.pdf

All related to 40 Columns:

TI-99-4A-EGA-40COL-v1.21.pdf

All related to 80 Columns:

TI-99-4A-EGA-80COL-v1.21c.pdf

All related to (v)99x8:

TI-99-4A-EGA-9918-ALL-v1.21.pdf

TI-99-4A-EGA-9938-ALL-v1.21.pdf

TI-99-4A-EGA-9958-ALL-v1.21.pdf

All related to F18A:

TI-99-4A-EGA-F18A-ALL-v1.21.pdf

ALL LISTS in 1 ZIP: TI-99-4A-EGA_ALL-LISTS--v1.21c.zip

Telco is by Charles Earl, 1988 (v2.3)

(I added that later)

9958 is v9958

• Like 2

Thanks Omega.

What I now need is some ideas on how to do more filters over the data, to get better lists.

Today I made a walk through the ´graphical tags´ in the XLS file (light blue column), and this here above are the new tags full lists.

xXx

• Like 1

hmm, I could add another Column for the http-Links. That´s it worth I think, hmm. (the less colums the better)

There is the TAG "LINK" in CAT1. See here:

post-41141-0-06618800-1493428851_thumb.jpg

But this means to have an extra row / entry for >each Link<. This is a lot

And it´s not "connected" to the Part itself here. It´s stand-alone.

Maybe in future, I can use the CAT1 "LINK" only for specials, like I did up to here.

So i use this category for a "Best-List" or so.

Do you think that many Parts will get a Http-Link ? hmmm, yes.

WHT are many links, gamebase, websites for products.... +1 more column ?

I have ALL TI-99-Books in the list, and more. They could be linked to the web, For quick and direct acces.

(Broken links would automatically be fixed by update on any list)

Ane a Link-Column would not need to be wide. Just so that you can click on it.

No need to read/see kilometer long www-links :)

• Like 1

There are two localized cartridges for Argentina as well (Logo and Logo II). Argentina also has a lot of localized manuals for cartridges, disks/tapes, and hardware (all in Spanish).

Just a first start for Argentina. As an example, here is all what I have for TI-LOGO.

I just added a TI-Logo AND TI-Logo II -Carts as "AR/ES"

But I have to think about, maybe I´ll enter them as "AR", and add "ES" for the languange in the PART-column (?)

Same maybe for the Multilanguage (ML) EU-Cartridges, as they sometimes are "(D) (I) (NL)" a.s.o.

The Carts like "Statistics German (D)" will be / are "EU/DE" and have (D) for the lannguage, in the Parts-Column

So here the languages already given, as printed on the carts labels. This should remain (because of the label),

I have to see. At this moment I am still able too differ that, so I´ll wait with changes on that, until the final idea :)

TI-99-4A-SW-EDU-TI-LOGO-v1.21.pdf

• Like 1