IGNORED

TI-99/4A - Resources & Lists, PDFs, and some Lists

Schmitzi

.upgedated :)

The Ministry of Grammar Nitpicking says you should rather use "geupdatet", because "upgedatet" implies the present tense forms "ich date up, du datest up". If the present tense shall be "ich update, du updatest", the participle must be "geupdatet". Same goes for "downloaden" (even Duden is inconsistent here).

That's all on Denglish for today. :)

• Like 2

I cooked up a small TI BASIC program which is encoded enough not to recognise what it does before you actually execute it in your emulator or actual Iron.

100 CALL CLEAR
110 Y=1
120 C=1
130 X=15
140 W=1
150 H=12
160 A$="RHWU[%EMYI\YQDT(HOK#H(NFPS_$NN]'aGIZ![V IQN'%SGQIJWU#QS%ZNE!CWDSR JII'GOL&]N$99%OVJQJJS'^XFU)KRUG"
170 L=LEN(A$)
180 FOR T=1 TO L+62
190 IF T>L THEN 210
200 A=-INT(RND*10)+ASC(SEG$(A$,T,1))
210 IF T<=L THEN 230
220 A=42
230 CALL HCHAR(5+Y,X+C,A,1)
240 IF C<W THEN 330
250 IF Y>H THEN 280
260 W=W+2
270 X=X-1
280 Y=Y+1
290 IF Y<=H THEN 320
300 X=14
310 W=3
320 C=0
330 C=C+1
340 NEXT T
350 STOP

• Like 3

My aim was to obfuscate (encrypt) both the content of the text and the fact that it would produce a xmas tree in one loop whilst still retaining a level of configurability :) Usually one would break this in two loops for readability.

I urge all members here to take a look at the great work that our friend Ciro is doing in his Italian User Club (http://www.ti99iuc.it/menu.html). Like the veterans in this website, he puts many hours towards keeping the TI 99/4A community alive. (Bravo)

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all. This Christmas break I dedicate to studying TI 99/4A assembly language - My wife cannot understand the reason why I am going through this torture but accepts it silently and patiently :)

• Like 2