IGNORED

A divorce on the cards! Wife threw out my Mega ST keyboard!

We moved house back in May and ended up accumulating rubbish in black bags out the back yard. So yesterday we decided we'd better clear them and take a load to the local dump. There was room in the bin for a couple of bags but some of the bags were too big. So we started the icky job of splitting them into smaller bags. What do I see sticking out of the first bag? MY MEGA ST KEYBOARD!!

My wife has a habit of throwing things out without asking what they are or if they're needed. She did the same in a previous move by throwing out my 1029 printer's top cover.

So what are the chances of this keyboard working after three months exposed to the elements? There's even a hole in the side of it. Keeping it for spares is probably my best bet now. :mad:

I was dating this one bitch years ago. Years and years ago. Like when M.A.M.E. could only do 5 or 10 games. Back in the days of Sparcade and DAS Arcade. Around that time.

Well she kept messing up or erasing my burgeoning emulation collection. yup it was on purpose. Files just don't go poof! She seemed to get upset whenever I'd upgrade my hard disk. First it was 6.4GB, then 10GB, then 20GB, 27GB, 60GB, and stopped at 120GB because that was the last straw and I got rid of her. Actually the last straw was when the cops finally came for her.

With emulation, my collection kept magically re-appearing because I kept a secret off-site backup. That was an endless source of frustration I bet!!

Well this new one had me eventually rig up an arcade cabinet and keeps a tiny selection of the typical girly games on her desktop. It took many years but its there.

I just wanted to add, that when the spouses are not respecting each other's property, there is some underlying issues in the relationship. Might want to seek marital counselling before doing anything foolish that might escalate. She throws a keyboard in the trash, you throw out a shoe or a handbag, then shit really hits the fan.

• Like 2

An honest mistake can and should be tolerated from time to time. It's when they start doing it on a regular basis that you need to take action.

ADDED:

This new one, when she cleans up and moves rooms around en'masse, will either not mess with my stuff or put a big orange tag on it if there is any question as to its status of "dump" or "keep".

This mostly happens with things in the garages and cellars. Not so much the hobby rooms or media rooms. Cause' like if it's in a hobby room it's there for a reason. Even if that reason is "forgetting" about it - or in other terms, hoarding.

Of course shit on the floor is likely to get vacuumed up sooner or later. But there have been a few rare times we dumpster-dived on our own driveway to retrieve an oddly sized screw or other thing.

Edited by Keatah

Housekeeper threw away the box to my Classic NES Edition Game Boy Advance. Box was sitting underneath my bed and she thought it was trash... :mad:

A spouse should know not to toss stuff without asking though. Should you take the retaliation route, I recommend finding an off-site location such as storage locker, etc to store anything of value (monetary or sentimental) before you execute your plan, and don't tell her about it. That way you won't lose it should she go crazy tossing stuff or in the event the judge divide up the assets in divorce court.

Edited by stardust4ever

Keyboard gone today.. other stuff gone tomorrow.. 99% of your stuff gone later.. might as well move out a you own nothing anymore and have nothing to do...... lol

Thankfully my girlfriend just steps over Atari stuff cluttering up her bedroom ;)

If I kept Atari stuff in the bedroom I cannot imagine what my wife would do to it / me. :)

Edited by GadgetUK

That sucks. I hope you can get it working again.

The only gaming stuff my wife has thrown out was back when the N64 was still a current system she trashed 3 or 4 game boxes. Granted, I wasn't really collecting much at the time and I'd never specifically told her I wanted to keep them. We were living in an apartment with a communal dumpster. I went out to retrieve them but someone had thrown out a heavy wooden pallet with a bunch of other heavy stuff on top. I could *just* see our trashbags underneath that pallet. I wasn't dedicated enough to climb in because there was some pretty nasty stuff in there. I did however hoist my stomach/ribs over the edge and try to pry up on the pallet to see if I could pull the bags out. I was just making a little progress when something popped in my ribs and started hurting. It must have done some damage too because I could feel it for several months. Even today, it sometimes pops in that spot if I twist just right.

Never did manage to get much sympathy out of it either.... :-D

I had something similar happen today. I have one of those Sharp NES TV's with the four legs in perfect condition(they break easily). Anyway, I had it stored somewhere that needed to be moved but haven't got to it yet. So, I came home today to discover my wife moved it and it is buried under some stuff so I can't check the condition. She already knew that I only trust myself to move it and she is very very clumsy. It is giving me an anxiety attack. What makes it worse is I can't complain that she moved it because she texted me at work about how she has a surprise for me that she has been working hours on. The surprise was doing all of the cleaning and moving the TV. It will break her heart if I don't act happy about it. I just can't believe she moved it. She should consider herself lucky that she is a rarity 11.