IGNORED

Two-player games with different player roles

WolfAmongWolves

The Oink thread got me thinking: Which other 2600 games have two-player "versus" modes, that let the second player take over the computer's role? I'm not talking about two-player games where the players compete against each other, like Combat, Boxing, Wizard of Wor, etc. I'm talking about two-player games where the second player takes over the role of the game's antagonist, with the only goal being to prevent the first player from achieving his goal and scoring points. The only games I can spontaneously think of are Oink (second player can play as the wolf), Dodge'Em (second player can play as the crash car) and G.I. Joe (second player can play as the cobra). Are there any others? I've always loved those game variations, so it would be great to know if there are any I missed.

• Like 1

Demolition Herby lets a second player control the chase cars. I can't think of any others beside the ones already mentioned.

Air Sea Battle sorta kinda qualifies in that one of the game modes lets one player shoot down from a plane while another shoots up from a ship.

In the 5200 version of Kaboom! you can play against a friend as the mad bomber.

Games that would have been cool to let you do 2 player gaming with one playing the antagonist.

Kaboom!: The 5200 has that ability, should have done it for the 2600.

Yar's Revenge: It would have been awesome to have a second player play as the coatile.

Blueprint: Play as Fuzzy Wuzzy.

Eggomania: Playing the chicken that is dropping the eggs.

Coconuts: Play as the monkey dropping coconuts on the main character.

Gopher: Play as the gopher of course

Road Runner: Play as Wile E Coyote

• Like 1

Star Ship: players alternate between doing the shooting and being shot at, and controlling the lander or the moon.

Air Sea Battle sorta kinda qualifies in that one of the game modes lets one player shoot down from a plane while another shoots up from a ship.

I was thinking of Air-Sea Battle as well, though it probably technically doesn't qualify; both players are doing the same thing, only in the reverse of each other.