IGNORED

Gauntlet - RIDGED Cart Version - Rarity

Serblander

Well, after what seems like an eternity searching for one to add to the collection (both my Atari Lynx as well as Gauntlet collections), i come home yesterday to find the Ridged Gauntlet cart waiting for me in my mailbox! :rolling:

My question is: how many collector's here have this version, or have come across this? The reason being that i know there's a few people who want one, and none of my Lynx collection friends locally have one or even seen one!

The Rarity Guide for the Flat and Ridged carts has them between R4-5 (Flat cart variants) and all R5 for Ridged variants (except for Blue Lightning which is R6). Now i have seen all the Flat and Ridged carts available (except for Gauntlet) come up often and cheaply, but not Gauntlet. In fact, this was only the second Ridged Gauntlet cart i have seen on eBay in a looooong time (first was a few months ago in the UK in a big bundle but seller did not want to split).

The cart was listed (literally just a few minutes before i searched again for Atari Lynx :-D ) at Buy It Now for €22 (US $25.35) from Spain.

So, who here has (or had) one, how much did you get it for, and is it time to upgrade the Rarity on this one (or is it just me :ponder: )?

Cheers!

Serblander, Well done, I need one. I also have been looking but have not seen them come up on eBay.

Thanks mate. Like i said, the guy just listed about 9 different individual cart variant BIN's (Blue Lightning, Chip's Challenge, Gauntlet, etc), I was just lucky enough to see it pretty much as soon as it got listed so it was instant buy/pay.

So if anyone has a spare honey would like to part with, please let me know

I'll be happy to keep an eye out for ya! I think i have your mobile number, if so, can text you the auction link if/when i see it ;)

• Like 1

I don't think it's that accurate any more. I just completed my boxed collection, started in January. No way European Soccer Challenge or Hard Drivin' are R7. Plenty of those scores need revising.

As for the cart variants, I can't speak of them much. Though I do have a ridged Blue Lightening, so interested to know how rare that is ;)

Come to think of it... I have Gates of Zendocon on flat and ridged. I assumed flat was rarer (as there seems to be fewer titles on this format), but the rarity guide suggests ridged is rarer.

Anyone with more experience know which is rarer?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Gauntlet is the only one I do not have in ridged version. And no I am not parting with my Blue Lightning :P

Is the rarity guide remotely accurate? I would think ridged Gauntlet be closer to R7 or R8 by how infrequently they appeared for sale.

to be honest, i prefer the curved cartridges, i was quite gutted when i broke my Gates of Zendocon curved cart and the replacement cart i got was ridged :(