IGNORED

vim-mads, THE syntax highlighting for Vim

Hello!

After some searching for MADS highlighting for Vim, I haven't found nothing useful, so I decided to write something new…
The only solution like this which I found was vim-xasm, the XASM highlighting, but it wouldn't enough good to use with MADS (lack of preprocesor directives and so on)

So, here it is! Completely new plugin, suitable for every serious Atari coder with Vim as his main editor.
(Note: If Vim isn't your primary editor yet, give it a try! But remember, some of your habits will be quickly broken :>)

URL for GitHub Repository (aka "The Giant DOWNLOAD Button"): https://github.com/skrzyp/vim-mads
(of course, if you're not familiar with Git, you can still grab this plugin as archive, but you'll lose the ability to update it when something new will be added/corrected)

Installation

• Manually: Put folders syntax and ftdetect in your Vim configs directory:
    • Windows: %USERPROFILE%\vimfiles
    • Rest of world: ~/.vim
  • Recommended: Using Pathogen
    • Clone this repo into your Vim path:

git clone https://github.com/skrzyp/vim-mads ~/.vim/bundle/vim-mads

Of course, I'm fully open for any suggestions and comments, even if you found any bug or problem, tell me here or make a pull request. icon_smile.gif
I'm also very interested about any feedback from users.

Screenshot
(sorry, I don't have a code which use a full potential of MADS, but if someone has, send me your pic, please)

screenshot.png

• Like 2

Here's a snapshot of the references sources I use for WUDSN. Dates back to MADS V1.9.4, so newer things might be missing.

You can also find larger MADS sources from my own projects on my site.

http://www.wudsn.com/index.php/productions-atari800

MADS.zip

Edited by JAC!

• 5 years later...

Hi!

8 hours ago, OxC0FFEE said:

This is excellent! I wonder if there is anything like this for various flavors of Basic? (tbxl, fastbasic, etc) (paging @dmsc and maybe @skr?)

I have a syntax file for FastBasic and one for Turbo Basic XL.

I'm not really happy with the FastBasic one, I tried to make it aware of the lack of spaces but it does not always work, look at line 3:

image.png.75d82f6271554cbe4375ddd173f51b11.png

Have Fun!

fastbasic.vim tbxl.vim

• Like 2

Not "vim", but "vi" AFAIK originated on a PDP11 which (without bankswitching) can also only address 64K. So I wouldn't call that "basic vi type editor", but "original vi type editor". Although I don't know if vi65 shares any code with the original vi.

Edited by sanny
cat stomped on keyboard :-)

1 hour ago, sanny said:

Not "vim", but "vi" AFAIK originated on a PDP11 which (without bankswitching) can also only address 64K. So I wouldn't call that "basic vi type editor", but "original vi type editor". Although I don't know if vi65 shares any code with the original vi.

Sounds about right.  Does irritate me when I log into a box and try to run vim and it is either not installed, or worse, is a symlink to normal vi. 

Ha, one of the reasons I haven't gotten a cat.  In my line of work, if a carlt stomped on my keyboard, a datacenter could go down.

14 hours ago, leech said:

Sounds about right.  Does irritate me when I log into a box and try to run vim and it is either not installed, or worse, is a symlink to normal vi.

I'm an emacs-guy. Although I use vi regularily for "quick edits", I don't use vim's additional features.

14 hours ago, leech said:

Ha, one of the reasons I haven't gotten a cat.  In my line of work, if a carlt stomped on my keyboard, a datacenter could go down.

I have a cat since almost one year. And, yes, she stomps sometimes over the keyboard ?

2 hours ago, sanny said:

I'm an emacs-guy. Although I use vi regularily for "quick edits", I don't use vim's additional features.

I have a cat since almost one year. And, yes, she stomps sometimes over the keyboard ?

True story: way back when, we were trying to figure out how to move in the game Asylum.  All of the normal methods of a graphical text adventure were not working. 

On the desk we were using, it had this high back area that had little cubby holes that my cat loved to jump into and lay down and snooze... he pounced on the keyboard and then up into it to play and we moved all over the place!  Finally figured out from the cat that it was the arrow keys to move!

• Like 1