IGNORED

New Jag owner

smithinio

I think you'll enjoy the Jaguar's games. They 'feel' a lot different than Sony and Nintendo games, and coming from the 2600/7800 will make them feel all the more better. Everybody's recommendations, I totally agree with! Although, Highlander?? Cyrano, really??? That game should be retitled 'Escape from Alien Muggers', lol. kidding kidding, but it definitely takes some getting used to the controls. Welcome to the club!

Hey, I'm a new Jaguar owner too, I got these games:

Towers II
Tempest 2000
Breakout 2000
Ultra vortek
Attack of the mutant penguins
Rayman
Ruiner
Pinball fantasies
Flip out
Zoop
Supercross 3d
Super burnout
Brutal football
Troy Aikman football
AvP
Wolfensteind 3d
Doom x 2 + Jaglink
Aircars x 2
Missile command 3d
Trevor McFur
I-war
Iron soldier
Hover strike
White men... + teamtap
JHL15
Mario karts

CD add-on plus with Vidgrid and Blue lightingthese games:
(Memorytrack)
Highlander
Battlemorph
Baldies
Hover strike 2
Myst
World tour racing
Braindead 13
Philia
Absorbiererererererer
Robinson's requem
Alice's mom's rescue
Hobayrachisaki maru

From my heart I recommend them all!!! I also recommend you get out before you're stuck and the fume invades you.

• Like 1

I'm a long time 2600/7800 player who finally got a Jag. Any good game recommendations outside of Tempest/ aliens vs predator? Also I'm surprised by the high price of jag carts on eBay. Do cheap games come up often? Can't wait to start playing!

Which games are included with the console, only Tempest and AvP?

What kind of games do you like, race, fps, platform?

Tempest 2k, Doom, Wolfenstein 3d, Raiden, Missile Command 3d, Power Drive Rally, Rayman, Zero 5, Worms, NBA Jam, Super Burnout, etc there's some decent software if you look in the right places! I'd also suggest looking into a Jag CD unit from Best Electronics, there are some great CD games especially newer homebrews which keep the CD unit library growing each year.

A skunk board is another option (flash cart for Jag), Cyrano's work on ST ports is worth picking one up for alone!

Welcome to the Jaguar! Enjoy =)

Edited by JaguarBrett
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for the tips! System came with cybermorph and I ordered pinball ruiner (love me a good pinball game) I'm looking at getting raiden and A vs P. next. I've never really played doom or Wolfenstein so I'm interested in those next, but I really enjoy classic arcade type games along with platformers. System should be here around Wed or thurs, getting impatient to start gaming lol!

I love AtariAge, but I love rhymes even more. It's just that your cynicism ( cyranoisim ) might put him off. I'm sure I will like AA even more when meet Al at PRGE. ;)

Oh, look at all those highly trusted names you hang out with like Kieren... funny how Al can't be trusted, isn't it? The trouble with posting things on the internet is that they'll come back to haunt you.

post-11520-0-62019000-1440809694_thumb.png

• Like 3

The effort you put into this is admirable, and I'm glad you have the time to go back and find this to remind me. Thanks! I make some statements that I regret, you do, everybody does. This does not haunt me, and everybody is entitled to their opinions. Nobody is perfect, and I accept all good and bad associations I have made on AA. Al has made mistakes, I have and ( ahem ) you have. If I need to apologize to Al personally, I will do so gladly, and move on.