IGNORED

Entry 2015: Zyx

Oh no! Zyx is trapped in a well! People are kind enough to throw him bananas to catch and eat. They're also worth a point. However if you miss one, the game ends. Complicating matters is the pack of evil Vuts which have found their way into the well and dug a tunnel through it. They also go back and forth sometimes. Your job is to jump over them. Touching a Vut also ends your game.

I started on this game when the contest was announced, but it started giving me problems so I gave up on it. Only today I had come back to it, fixed all the problems. Except one: I can't make a file bigger than 9.55k. I don't know why. It will compile, but when I play it in jzintv, it won't work. So I guess I'll have to keep it under 9.55k, unless someone can figure out why this is?

post-9475-0-37243500-1440833936_thumb.gif

post-9475-0-25521300-1440833944_thumb.gif

post-9475-0-03667900-1440833951_thumb.gif

• Like 6

:cool: Its good to see another entry.

I can't make a file bigger than 9.55k. I don't know why. It will compile, but when I play it in jzintv, it won't work. So I guess I'll have to keep it under 9.55k, unless someone can figure out why this is?

Without more information its difficult to make suggestions. What version of IntyBASIC are you using? Upgrading to 1.2.2 is highly recommended. Is it possible to take a look at the source code?

Hmmm. it works just fine in my setup, there appears a little monster that catch bananas and monsters appears in tunnel from both sides.

Have you updated the intybasic_prologue.asm and intybasic_epilogue.asm files along with the compiler? (I suggest v1.2.1)

It works in every of the several different installs of IntyBASIC and jzintv I have on different machines.

You might also want to catch up on the many features added to the last several versions of IntyBASIC, especially the flurry of user friendly enhancements done in the last 2 months. For instance:

print_score: procedure
print at 233,(#score/1000%10+16)*8+7
print at 234,(#score/100%10+16)*8+7
print at 235,(#score/10%10+16)*8+7
print at 236,(#score%10+16)*8+7

Can be replaced with one line of optimized code

print_score: procedure
PRINT AT 233,<4>#score

You should probably install the IntyBASIC SDK kit from this thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240526-introducing-the-intybasic-sdk/

It will give you "clean" install, along with new code examples and better workflow. Use the INCLUDE feature to access all the new Constants in CONSTANTS.BAS so you can get rid of lots of the hex values scattered throughout your code, it'll make your life easier.

OK, sorry if I sounded mean in the last post, but I think my score is fine. Anyway, here's an updated version of my title screen.

attachicon.gifshot0035.gif

I thought the [C] looked stupid (the parenthesis look more like brackets than they do parentheses), so I changed it.

Your new copyright symbol looks good. There's only so much you can do with an 8x8 tile. I use the same as you:

' Real Copyright Symbol
	BITMAP ".######."
	BITMAP "#......#"
	BITMAP "#..###.#"
	BITMAP "#.#....#"
	BITMAP "#.#....#"
	BITMAP "#..###.#"
	BITMAP "#......#"
	BITMAP ".######."

By the way, if you have some GRAM free, how about making your own fonts for your name? :)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

I actually did, but I changed it back. I forgot why. So I redesigned some new fonts for my name. I used the a as what I put here because that's how I would write it. Not like the fancy a in most fonts with the line above the round part. I hope it doesn't interfere with the built-in font I use to explain the game (seen later in the attract mode.)

post-9475-0-07350500-1440974576_thumb.gif

I also added a jumping sound, as well as a banana catching sound and made the game speed up at ten points, and again at twenty points. I am on a roll with this.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...