IGNORED

New Adventure Ideas ?

Shift838

This is the one area where the goold old TI is seriously lacking, most of the stuff for use with the adventure module - such as the Scott Adams games are seriously lacking when it comes to the input parser.

I absoloutely love adventure games and my favourites to date have been by the UK company Level 9, they managed to squeeze a huge amount of location detail plus an intelligent multi word parser into cassettes that would run on practically all 8 bit systems.

They were a prolific developer and managed to put out games for the BBC Micro, MSX, ZX Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Memotech, Elan Enterprise, Tatung Einstein, Nascom, Oric, Nimbus, Atari 8 bit, Atari ST and Amiga.

Such a shame the C**t's never seem to have given the good old TMS9900 or the 6809 a chance.

I would still love to see a TI version of Return to Eden or Red Moon.

That's probably not impossible, given that there are open source interpreters for level 9's a-code adventures available: http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archiveXlevel9XinterpretersXlevel9.html

I looked at a number of these as my next project a while back, but I'd really prefer to do a format that supports graphics. Sierra's sci games being the frontrunner :).

How about a game called "Bored Boris". A guy desperately going from place to place looking for items to augment his classic computer with a new gadget, only to have his quest disrupted by the perils of sourcing the correct or obsolete items needed in which to build the item.

....so this would be an OmeGaMe with the run on some nice OmeGadGETs :)

That's probably not impossible, given that there are open source interpreters for level 9's a-code adventures available: http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archiveXlevel9XinterpretersXlevel9.html

I looked at a number of these as my next project a while back, but I'd really prefer to do a format that supports graphics. Sierra's sci games being the frontrunner :).

Level 9 were releasing text adventures for practically all 8 bit machines that had at least 32K RAM, from 1984-most machines that had at least 48K got graphics as well as text.

I remember buying Return to Eden which was plain text, I purchased Red Moon about a year later and it had several graphical locations, (both were on the Atari 800XL).

Level 9 were releasing text adventures for practically all 8 bit machines that had at least 32K RAM, from 1984-most machines that had at least 48K got graphics as well as text.

I remember buying Return to Eden which was plain text, I purchased Red Moon about a year later and it had several graphical locations, (both were on the Atari 800XL).

Return to eden on the Amstrad CPC has graphics.

Return to eden on the Amstrad CPC has graphics.

I know, the C64, Spectrum and MSX versions all have graphics as well, the Atari and BBC micro versions were text only. The graphics were not really that great and did not add a great deal to the game, the text only versions ran on a 32K system - so I would imagine it would fit comfortably inside the ti99/4a on the condition that the original a-code could be converted for use on the 9900.