IGNORED

Calling All 800s!

ClausB

On 11/4/2019 at 12:54 PM, Scooter83 said:

Theres one on Ebay right now  sn 23829 I believe. Has anyone come across a system that's been sequential to their own system?

Yes that one looks much more yellowed than 23800. :(  Storage in a garage or hot environment will do that.  I don't know about sequential 800 serial #s, no.

2 hours ago, Islandstumbler said:

What is the exact model of the Dell LCD your using in that photo?

I would like to pick one up.

Thanks

Ron

It's a Dell 2007FPb rev5 made in April 2008.  Only works for NTSC. You might consider the 2001 model as it allegedly will handle a 15khz signal from VBXE or ST/Amiga. The 2007FPb handles composite and s-video great but not 15khz.

Edited by Sugarland
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 6:05 PM, Sugarland said:

Yes that one looks much more yellowed than 23800. :(  Storage in a garage or hot environment will do that.  I don't know about sequential 800 serial #s, no.

It looked dark in the one pic, but that was just lighting in that one auction pic.  It isn't that yellowed.  I'm sure you've seen it in the topic I started.

Okay, I have 3 NTSC 800s:

AW 307921 132

83S AW 74351 193

83S AW 20829 183

sn1.png

sn2a.png

sn2b.png

sn3.png

Edited by Colleton
  • Like 2

New leader! Earliest production 800, 45/79. Congrats, Scooter83! List updated in first post.

His CPU board photo shows a CTIA, ANTIC, and 6502A, all with chip dates before 45/79.

IIRC, my 1979 400 has a 6502B. Wonder why...

Edited by ClausB
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

...and my second one. What the meaning of the "U" in the Model No? The is a small sticker glued to the right cartridge slot reading "UK". Well, might be meaning that's a machine for the UK market - but where'll be a technical difference? We both are using using the PAL system and there were no other keyboard layout than the QWERTY if I'm not wrong...

a800u.jpg

Edited by larryleffaovell

16 minutes ago, mimo said:

@larryleffaovell  There are different flavours of PAL, for example a German PAL Atari on a UK TV will tune in for video but you would not hear the audio, this is only on RF though

Ah, I see... Thanks for the enlightenment. This is not bothering me as I'm using @tf_hh's fantastic SCCC (Super Color CPU Card) in both of my 800's (and in my 400, too).

Edited by larryleffaovell

• 2 weeks later...

Here is mine, bought new in 1983.  I remember getting a good deal.  I think it had a $100 rebate or something.  I also got a 1050 floppy drive with it.

411647 153

I noticed that my serial number is ~47,000 lower than the above example, but my date code is 16 weeks later than the above example (512 --> 153).  Weird, huh?

20191223_105324[1].jpg

My 800 is completely missing the label and other stickers on the bottom of it. All I know is it is an early model with enclosed rom and ram cards and the levers for the lid. Also, it had the CTIA installed which I immediately switched out for a GTIA. 

Is there any where on the inside where serial numbers might be? I don't recall from when I've had it apart in the past, but I will be opening it again soon to install my Incognito (I'm waiting until I finish trouble-shooting my 1200XL so I have at least one working machine at all times).

20191223_134234.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, jimerson said:

I got this a couple weeks ago, my first Atari 8-bit. The only problem is a slight video glitch. I will be asking for repair help in another thread :)

IMG_3087.JPG

IMG_3089.JPG

IMG_3090.JPG

Very early, serial# 2193 made week 46 of 1979.

It will be #3 on the list in post#1, once that is updated.

Edited by BillC
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Scooter83 said:

That's a really nice looking one.  Any info on the chip dates inside?

Not really, without opening it up again. I have this photo from before the ANTIC replacement. I hope it is readable. There is no date next to the copyright symbol on GTIA.

800cpu.jpg

Edited by jimerson

4 hours ago, jimerson said:

There is no date next to the copyright symbol on GTIA.

I think 8236 in the top line of text(AMI  8236MAO) is the date code, 36th week of 1982.

The later date makes sense since this would be a replacement for the CTIA it originally came with.

Edited by BillC