IGNORED

BIN canceled - Deadly Duck Demo Cart

fabman99

Got my Purchase and payment canceled/ refunded on this,

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2218698577551?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=221869857755&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Someone got to him after my BIN I would bet. He had already left Positive feedback too.

Said it should have been a reserve price not a BIN for 100.00, Said he would relist it.

Edited by fabman99

He's flat out lying. 7 day neg him and call Ebay to discuss. They do not take seller's not selling an item to a buyer lightly. Do not accept any sort of fee reversal or transaction cancellation either. That ends your dispute ability. Ebay will make it difficult on you, but if you keep calling you will eventually be sent to the fraud department. The last seller to do this to me lost that ebay account. I had to call them at least 4 times before it was completely settled, but seeing the seller lose his account made it worth it.

• Like 1

First, this is a curious listing. The cartridge is an Activision shell. In the photo of the back of the cart, a sticker is covering up the Activision logo, but you can still make out the imprint of the last four letters of Activision, "SION" showing through the sticker, upside down, on the left top. Second, the label looks like a hand-cut black/white photocopy or photoshopped (with red text Demo) of the original red/color label. Maybe some of the prototype experts could comment on whether they have ever seen a Sirius/Fox demo version in an Activision cart like this before.

First, this is a curious listing. The cartridge is an Activision shell. In the photo of the back of the cart, a sticker is covering up the Activision logo, but you can still make out the imprint of the last four letters of Activision, "SION" showing through the sticker, upside down, on the left top. Second, the label looks like a hand-cut black/white photocopy or photoshopped (with red text Demo) of the original red/color label. Maybe some of the prototype experts could comment on whether they have ever seen a Sirius/Fox demo version in an Activision cart like this before.

Ya it is hand cut for sure. I didn't even look at the back of the cart to see the plain jane sticker covering the Activision logo. The OP might have got lucky with the canceled BIN after all?

I can see the word "TENNIS" under the front label. Looks like this label was applied right over the top of the original game.

No shit! I see it too now that I am looking for it. I can actually see the outline of the tennis rounded box now too.

Yeah, I grabbed my cart to compare LOL.

I guess it could be possible they just utilized a tennis cart, the Copyright is 1981 and that deadly duck label says 1982.

Glad this is something I really want.

I am the seller of the deadly duck demo to set it straight for fabbman and all that are involved in all this chatter regarding the demo cartridge. First of all like I told fabbman I made a mistake in the listing, mistakes do happen . I listed 3 auctions on Ebay for Atari and other games by accidentally putting a 100.00 buy it now instead of a 100.00 reserve. On the third listing I noticed my mistake and immediately started to cancel the auctions. I was able to cancel one immediately ,the second one did not post because failed to state condition, the last auction the (deadly duck demo) to my amazement was already purchased in the time of that I listed and tried to correct my mistakes. Yes it was unfortunate that fabbman bought the demo for 100.00 dollars and it was cancelled but it was an honest mistake...again they do happen. Nobody got to me, I realized my mistakes when I was listing another auction while on the phone with the friend I am listing the auctions for. All 3 of the auctions I listed had the same mistake, the deadly duck demo was the only one I was not able to correct in time. I called eBay to see what I could do and was told to message fabbman and then I could cancel the auction as it was an honest mistake. Fabbman you got a positive feedback because I have my account set up to leave automatic Positive feedback after payment is received.

I'm actually selling a number of rare games including the deadly duck demo for a friend.....so I was not going to let an honest mistake in my listing cause him to lose potential money because of my error. There is nothing underhanded,sneaky or misleading with the deadly duck demo game or other games I made mistakes on. Oh and there are no Trolls under the Atari bridge. As for the deadly duck demo, it was bought by my friend along with an intellivision lock n chase t cartridge prototype -sold, an intellivision burger-time/poker black jack double sided cartridge, a vectron double sided cartridge with vectron on both sides-sold, a Michael Jackson Moonwalker Sega master system game, a Sega mega drive wooden prototype model, and a Toejam and earl rap cassette tape and another lock n chase game.All these items were bought by my friend at a local flea market. He did as much research as he could to find out about these items, he was told they were prototypes and rare demos after he contacted several other video game collectors and sent them pictures. I am not an Atari expert on prototype or rare demos and don't claim to be. I'm just stating what was told to my friend ( he is very knowledgeable) by other video game experts and collectors of rare games/demos. Getting back to the deadly duck demo- yes it's a deadly duck label over an Atari tennis game label- honestly I didn't even notice that until the high bidder presently mentioned it( I'm not perfect)...from what we learned the gaming industry did use old cartridges to put other chips in, cut cartridges in half to make double sided games while programming to save money and time, they also just stuck other labels over existing labels. As to what it really is as far as authenticity I can only say that all the games that I sold as prototypes already from this from find and the ones still listed on eBay all came from the same lot and they are all oddities and rare by what other collectors and experts said before I listed any of them. I'm not out the cheat anyone or make anyone upset....I made an honest mistake in my listings and tried to correct them. I apologized to fabbman and told him what happened and his actual response was -Negative feedback forthcoming. I knew it was a rare game as were the others I was able to correct. Would any of you who are saying give him a negative feedback and get the seller kicked off eBay not want to correct an honest mistake in an auction listing for a friend that was supposed to have a reserve of 100.00 with no buy it now .Again I apologize fabbman but it was I mistake ... I made it....and I tried to correct it for my friend and that's the whole story, thanks for reading,

Robert

I am the seller of the deadly duck demo to set it straight for fabbman and all that are involved in all this chatter regarding the demo cartridge. First of all like I told fabbman I made a mistake in the listing, mistakes do happen . I listed 3 auctions on Ebay for Atari and other games by accidentally putting a 100.00 buy it now instead of a 100.00 reserve. On the third listing I noticed my mistake and immediately started to cancel the auctions. I was able to cancel one immediately ,the second one did not post because failed to state condition, the last auction the (deadly duck demo) to my amazement was already purchased in the time of that I listed and tried to correct my mistakes. Yes it was unfortunate that fabbman bought the demo for 100.00 dollars and it was cancelled but it was an honest mistake...again they do happen. Nobody got to me, I realized my mistakes when I was listing another auction while on the phone with the friend I am listing the auctions for. All 3 of the auctions I listed had the same mistake, the deadly duck demo was the only one I was not able to correct in time. I called eBay to see what I could do and was told to message fabbman and then I could cancel the auction as it was an honest mistake. Fabbman you got a positive feedback because I have my account set up to leave automatic Positive feedback after payment is received.

I'm actually selling a number of rare games including the deadly duck demo for a friend.....so I was not going to let an honest mistake in my listing cause him to lose potential money because of my error. There is nothing underhanded,sneaky or misleading with the deadly duck demo game or other games I made mistakes on. Oh and there are no Trolls under the Atari bridge. As for the deadly duck demo, it was bought by my friend along with an intellivision lock n chase t cartridge prototype -sold, an intellivision burger-time/poker black jack double sided cartridge, a vectron double sided cartridge with vectron on both sides-sold, a Michael Jackson Moonwalker Sega master system game, a Sega mega drive wooden prototype model, and a Toejam and earl rap cassette tape and another lock n chase game.All these items were bought by my friend at a local flea market. He did as much research as he could to find out about these items, he was told they were prototypes and rare demos after he contacted several other video game collectors and sent them pictures. I am not an Atari expert on prototype or rare demos and don't claim to be. I'm just stating what was told to my friend ( he is very knowledgeable) by other video game experts and collectors of rare games/demos. Getting back to the deadly duck demo- yes it's a deadly duck label over an Atari tennis game label- honestly I didn't even notice that until the high bidder presently mentioned it( I'm not perfect)...from what we learned the gaming industry did use old cartridges to put other chips in, cut cartridges in half to make double sided games while programming to save money and time, they also just stuck other labels over existing labels. As to what it really is as far as authenticity I can only say that all the games that I sold as prototypes already from this from find and the ones still listed on eBay all came from the same lot and they are all oddities and rare by what other collectors and experts said before I listed any of them. I'm not out the cheat anyone or make anyone upset....I made an honest mistake in my listings and tried to correct them. I apologized to fabbman and told him what happened and his actual response was -Negative feedback forthcoming. I knew it was a rare game as were the others I was able to correct. Would any of you who are saying give him a negative feedback and get the seller kicked off eBay not want to correct an honest mistake in an auction listing for a friend that was supposed to have a reserve of 100.00 with no buy it now .Again I apologize fabbman but it was I mistake ... I made it....and I tried to correct it for my friend and that's the whole story, thanks for reading,

Robert

Cool story bro.

Hey Andre81

Your right I did change the reserve to 300.00......after i canceled the auction another person messaged me and said he thought the game was worth 500.00 to 700.00 . At that point I talked to my friend (the owner of the game ) and we decided to change the reserve on the deadly duck. It's my listing, my friends game.....And we could have also decided to not re-list it at all and keep it off the market all together but again we want to sell the game and he obviously wants the opportunity to make what he can off a rare game. Oh hey maybe we should just give it away because once an honest mistake is made you should be penalized and forfeit all opportunity and rights to any ownership whatsoever . You can't please everyone , but don't be a hypocrite.... if you made a mistake in the listing for a friend I have a hard time believing you wouldn't correct the mistake for your buddy if you could......you would just tell your friend sorry pal I made a mistake on your auction and nothing else could do about it so you only get 100.00 instead of potentially 300.00 or more? Easy to say this or that and not have to stand by it....at least I have my friends best interest in mind...always more to a story than the one side you only get to hear most of the time....now you all have heard both sides....some will see it one way some will see it another....oh well such is life.....now I'm done .....whole story told. Good luck to all of you with your video game collecting, hope you don't end up in a situation like this as it's not fun for anyone- buyer or seller.

Robert

How does one list 1 auction then post a 2nd auction that doesn't list and then go straight on to list a 3rd auction w/out knowing the 2nd didn't go??

When you miss a spot in an auction ebay rejects the listing and puts in a BIG message box on top the errors that need corrected.

Seriously an honest mistake, come on. How do you make several different honest mistakes in the same 10 minutes lol.

Mistake 1- Doesn't realize bin price is not a reserve price until the 3rd time!!!

Mistake 2- Doesn't realize auction 2 did not post before listing auction 3

Mistake 3- Wanted a $300 reserve over a $100 reserve

You have 7492 feedback and use auctiva Stop trying to bullshit. You would have got a lot farther being HONEST and just saying, Hey sorry I realized the game is worth more and I am not willing to sell for $100. Instead you make some half assed concocted story up.

What I find most peculiar is you NOW make an AA post. Why not come here and ask the REAL experts before doing the auction, you obviously know about the site. Let me guess another high bidder told you.

• Like 2

Hi All, As he says he made a mistake, but then made a bigger mistake buy not honoring the sale to me as the purchaser who already had paid for it. If this had been me listing it, I would have completed the transaction and bit the bullet for my mistake. Of course I would prob would not have made the mistake in the first place. No integrity, just looking to make a buck, 200 more of them.

And to the buyer of the game, enjoy it in your collection, as I know I would have.

NOT fabbman

• Like 2

FWIW.....

Sometimes in life, we make mistakes, and IMHO, you suck it up and move on.

No bullshit fantasy stories or intricate lies.

I once listed a rather rare memory board for $1 BIN (it was supposed to be $1 starting bid). Someone snapped it up, and got a great deal, because my mistake, not theirs.

edit: full disclosure, the buyer sent me an extra $50 (still way below value, but hey), because I honored the auction. People respect those who honor their word, not so much for those who make it up.

Edited by poobah
  • Like 6

Notice the same bidder is the high bidder at $300 on both the Deadly Duck and The Lock n Chase. I'm curious about that one.

HA! It turns out the jackass who backed out of Riffraff's auctions is the high bidder on these two.

"Ebay User name is vros3777 btw, beware if you get bids from him."

I did a search on this user ID and the feedback of 265 matches. I guarantee it's him.

I don't know if I actually believe these are protos and were just made up. At least the Deadly Duck one. Just seems strange that there is an Activision label on it. Unless the screwholes were exposed, how did they open it up and put the Deadly Duck in there.