IGNORED

BIN canceled - Deadly Duck Demo Cart

fabman99

I don't get how nobody notices the 'someone messaged me and told me it was worth $500-$700.'

First off, that's a completely crap assessment of value. It is either someone misinformed or someone deliberately deluding the seller. This could be because they are trying to create chaos and improve their odds of getting the game, knowing nobody would spend that much. Or it could be because they will never have the money to afford overpriced trinkets like this and are just trying to mess things up.

My second agenda item is, why do people message sellers with appraisals all the time? YOUR ITEM IS WORTH A MILLION DOLARS Why bother? Why do people feel the need to confuse the often innocent sellers with information that has no effect on an auction outcome? Or to kill a BIN purchase like this?

If you (sellers) don't know what something is worth, why are you adding a BIN? This aversion to auctions that 99% of eBay sellers will come back to bite you, and you deserve to get less than you could have if you love BINs to a fault.

I still resent how people weigh in with appraisals here, especially by PM, for people MAOing the Marketplace.

And finally, I think there should be an official marketplace selling app that is part of the forum that takes 1% of sales to support the upkeep of the forum, and keeps prices above board- perhaps with a auction type component.

Edited by ianoid
  • Like 3

. Yes it was unfortunate that fabbman bought the demo for 100.00 dollars and it was cancelled but it was an honest mistake...again they do happen.

No, it was your mistake for not making good on the sale. I bought a Mario DDR & Dance pad bundle at Game-X-Change for like 14.95. The game by itself was listed at $19.95. Well the cashier told me the price sticker was old and should have been updated, but she honored the listed price and sold it to me. You did not honor the price you had listed on the item for the two minutes or whatever it was up and somebody bought it. This shows you lack integrity as a seller and deserve whatever shame you get from it.

And finally, I think there should be an official marketplace selling app that is part of the forum that takes 1% of sales to support the upkeep of the forum, and keeps prices above board- perhaps with a auction type component.

That's funny, I was just thinking this earlier today when I saw something similar on another forum I frequent.

• Like 1

I thought that's what subscribers are for. You wanna support AtariAge, buy a subscription, or buy something from the store.

Paypal gets a 3% cut and AtariAge would be hard pressed to manage any type of transaction system for less than that. Even NintendoAge doesn't charge people for trading on their site and they have one of the most elaborate transaction systems I have seen short of eBay.

Edited by stardust4ever

I have been on both sides of this issue. I have had a couple of auctions I won that the seller backed out. So, I know how it hurts when you have taken mental ownership of something even if you haven't physically received it yet and then someone takes it away.

I also sold a cart for cheap because I didn't know what it was worth. Then someone messaged me with an offer 20 times what I sold for. I had to tell that high offer sorry it is already sold. It sucked having to put that cart in the mail knowing my own mistake cost me but I did because I didn't want the buyer to feel that pain of rejection and the bargain lost. I got some comfort from knowing the joy they must have had in getting such a deal. Plus to me, when the gavel drops that item is done and we move on. That is the rule in an auction and it is proper IMHO.

• Like 2

I also sold a cart for cheap because I didn't know what it was worth. Then someone messaged me with an offer 20 times what I sold for. I had to tell that high offer sorry it is already sold. It sucked having to put that cart in the mail knowing my own mistake cost me but I did because I didn't want the buyer to feel that pain of rejection and the bargain lost. I got some comfort from knowing the joy they must have had in getting such a deal. Plus to me, when the gavel drops that item is done and we move on. That is the rule in an auction and it is proper IMHO.

You have integrity. I wouldn't call it rare, but many people seem to lack it these days... :)

I thought that's what subscribers are for. You wanna support AtariAge, buy a subscription, or buy something from the store.

Paypal gets a 3% cut and AtariAge would be hard pressed to manage any type of transaction system for less than that. Even NintendoAge doesn't charge people for trading on their site and they have one of the most elaborate transaction systems I have seen short of eBay.

I think it would be more than fair. If you want to use AtariAge to sell you should have to give a little back to the house. I am more than willing to do so. If someone doesn't like it, than don't list your wares on AtariAge plain and simple.

I think it would be more than fair. If you want to use AtariAge to sell you should have to give a little back to the house. I am more than willing to do so. If someone doesn't like it, than don't list your wares on AtariAge plain and simple.

Are you suggesting they make the marketplace forum available for subscribers only? :ponder:

I feel the same way.. after all whats free in life nowadays? :P doesn't have to be a huge amount but to at least just contribute a bit from each transaction would be a nice way to give back to and support the site/community.. I never understood why NA hasn't set up something like that either..

I'm not sure... but wouldn't doing something like that make it somewhat of a business though? meaning you would have to make all the appropriate steps come tax season, and whatever other responsibilities that come with running a business. i'm not sure about AA, but there are a ton of transactions on NA each year, so it may become a lot of work.

I never understood why NA hasn't set up something like that either..

It's likely because they have a donation system and lots of people give them money willingly.

I'm all for helping this site out, and that's why I pay $30 a year to subscribe. If marketplace fees are to be implemented, I think it will make the most sense to only apply it to non-subscribers.

If a fee system was to be implemented, my guess is the marketplace section itself would have to be completely overhauled for the idea to even work. But, if the forum was modified to track sales and apply fees, it could be implemented in a non-mandatory way like Pinside does it. At their site the marketplace is separate from the main forum and as such it operates differently. You list things Amazon/eBay style and when you close out a listing it asks if you would like to donate anything at that time. It's not mandatory, but sticking it in the user's face might raise the chances of someone donating something that way.

Are you suggesting they make the marketplace forum available for subscribers only? :ponder:

No not at all. I never wrote anything of the sort. You totally made that up. What I was suggesting is that if you sell things on AtariAge you should have to pay a fee for selling to it's user base. Clearly you would be using the AtariAge member base for personal monetary gain and without AA you would not be making that money so part of it has to go to the place that brought you the sale in the first place. If you don't like it, don't sell on AtariAge. That is if and when it ever has a rule like that put in place. In my opinion there should be such a rule. Especially for those are not subscribed. Yet another reason to buy into the sub :)