IGNORED

50 miles + $40 = a bunch of educational software...

rebooter

This was another CL wild goose chase pretty badly timed since I am moving soon and didn't need 10 file boxes to deal with.

Still, I had to rescue this trove of late 80s and early 90s PC educational software--with quite a few games tossed in--that came from a defunct reading clinic. Everything was carefully stored in file folders and in many cases the disks were placed in envelopes, likely only copied once and never used. Every disk in that picture also had a manual in mint condition (not pictured). Several boxes to go through still.

I'm hoping somebody over at the Kyroflux forums will be willing to preserve these educational disks because many are quite obscure. As many of you know, educational software was rarely coveted at copy parties back in the day.

post-35444-0-01077500-1441155839_thumb.jpg

post-35444-0-49246500-1441155984_thumb.jpg

post-35444-0-10804900-1441156892_thumb.jpg

Edited by rebooter

Look at all those MECC titles!

I have very fond memories of these games. We still had an Apple II that ran many of them in my 5th grade class (circa 1995 or so). The school didn't get a new lab until I was in 7th grade or so and they put in Mac OS 8.

• Like 1

Finished sorting most of the floppies and manuals. That box of manuals is packed thick and tall and heavy! Check out that early stylus.

post-35444-0-86434800-1441222487_thumb.jpg

Also found among the stuff: eight brand new 120mb Superdisks, AOL floppy, tons of flyers from vintage local computer stores (386sx systems, etc).

Edited by rebooter

While I have no interest in educational software, it is great to see that it has been stored under such excellent conditions, and that the manuals, etc. are still there.

I like the idea of saving the local computer store flyers; to me that is the more significant part of the collection. The software may be scarce to rare, but the flyers are undoubtedly unique, and they document the local market/community.