IGNORED

Activision Catalog - What happened to some of these games?

playazclub

Just another result of the videogame crash... Activision pulled the plug on releasing games for the CV. Fortunately, some of the games that were in the pipeline (Rock'n Bolt and Alcazar) were completed and then a deal struck with Telegames in 85/86 to officially release them, but there isn't any other info to report on other possible protos than has been reported on and talked about for years.

So any idea what happened to some of these games slated for release by Activision for the Colecovision. Actually, I know Toy Bizzare wasn't supposed to be on the Colecovision but I watched some gameplay and I don't see why it couldn't be done. The artwork is completely awesome and the music is amazing.

attachicon.gifNew Doc 3_1.jpgattachicon.gifNew Doc 3_2.jpgattachicon.gifNew Doc 3_3.jpg

What does it say behind the flash? Between Space Shuttle and Zenji?

I would have loved Toy Bizarre on CV as it's one of my favorite games of all time. Luckily I went from CV to C64 when the crash happened so I got to play it in all it's glory. That Mark Turmell. Does NOT get enough recognition for the games he created (and when he does, it's usually for NBA Jam).

Just another result of the videogame crash... Activision pulled the plug on releasing games for the CV. Fortunately, some of the games that were in the pipeline (Rock'n Bolt and Alcazar) were completed and then a deal struck with Telegames in 85/86 to officially release them, but there isn't any other info to report on other possible protos than has been reported on and talked about for years.

Yes, and also noteworthy to mention that the Steamroller proto was found and dumped so we also have that great game too!