IGNORED

The 2015 Atari 2600 Hall of Fame vote

nofrills100

The annual 2600 Hall of Fame vote is now open.

As with previous years the protocol is:

Each person is allowed up to 10 votes - to be placed in one post.

At the end of the voting period the person with the most votes will be inducted.

If we have a tie, then the person who reached the most votes first will be inducted.

To this I'm going to add: no retrospective changing of votes beyond the day that you made them.

Everyone should have a look at all the great 2600 collections out there on the Show Us Your Collection page.

Here are the list of former inductees.

Marco 2006 (Collector)

Mickey Mouse 2007 (Collector)

Rick Weis 2008 (Collector)

Iwan-Iwanowitsh-goratshin 2009 (Collector)

Wonder007 2010 (Collector)

Marc Oberhauser 2011 (Collector)

Dino 2012 (Collector)

Atari181 2013 (Collector)

Rom Hunter 2014 (Archivist)

I'm going to set the closing date for votes on the last day of this month.

Wednesday 30th September - Midnight PDT (ie Los Angeles time)

Edited by nofrills100
  • Like 1

Can I vote for myself? Besides working on the website for variations, I have an extensive collection of over 625 games, probably 350 boxed. The loose shelf has a second row behind the first completely filled. It looks like a mess, but I ran out of room. I don't only do video games. :)

If I can't vote for myself I vote for Tempest or Random Terrain, or Albert if he's allowed.

post-1349-0-44300500-1441221212_thumb.jpg

post-1349-0-07564000-1441221222_thumb.jpg

post-1349-0-81026000-1441221229_thumb.jpg

post-1349-0-64412000-1441221239_thumb.jpg

post-1349-0-69778500-1441221250_thumb.jpg

post-1349-0-53024600-1441221259_thumb.jpg

post-1349-0-88090100-1441221269_thumb.jpg

post-1349-0-89703500-1441221277_thumb.jpg

post-1349-0-11605400-1441221286_thumb.jpg

Edited by Philflound

Yes the Hall of Fame is for anyone contributing to the Atari 2600.

Initially it was just for collectors, but (somewhat controversially) it was broadened a few years ago when people started voting for contributors as well as collectors. Last year Rom Hunter received the most votes - the first non hardware collector to enter the HoF

The HOF from my experience is to acknowledge our peers not gloat and self promote. Just wanted to toss that out there as it seems the thread is getting a fair amount of gloat and not enough vote (for peers not self).

...that is the reason that i didn't receive any likes so far!

And i thought self-promotion is necessary these days ;) ....

Yes the Hall of Fame is for anyone contributing to the Atari 2600.

Initially it was just for collectors, but (somewhat controversially) it was broadened a few years ago when people started voting for contributors as well as collectors. Last year Rom Hunter received the most votes - the first non hardware collector to enter the HoF

Does the definition of "contributors" also include people who make meaningful posts on AtariAge, or is it always tied to having the biggest/rarest collection of hardware/roms/scans etc.? There are members here who I've noticed go out of their way to make newbies feel welcome, answer other members' questions, give programming tips, add new thoughts and insights to discussions, and generally really contribute to making the 2600 forum the interesting, helpful, and fun place it is. Can we vote for those members as well, regardless of the size of their collections, or do you feel it would make the HoF too broad?

Does the definition of "contributors" also include people who make meaningful posts on AtariAge, or is it always tied to having the biggest/rarest collection of hardware/roms/scans etc.? There are members here who I've noticed go out of their way to make newbies feel welcome, answer other members' questions, give programming tips, add new thoughts and insights to discussions, and generally really contribute to making the 2600 forum the interesting, helpful, and fun place it is. Can we vote for those members as well, regardless of the size of their collections, or do you feel it would make the HoF too broad?

Personally I think that falls outside of the intention of the 2600 HoF - what you are suggesting sounds much broader and more of an 'upstanding member of the community' type of award. But I don't make the rules, I just start these threads every year following off from the original HoF started by Homer way back. Each person has 10 votes, it is a democracy - vote for who you like. The person with the most votes wins. Edited by nofrills100

I vote for:

Tempest - due to his amazing archive of protos, scans and information researched through years of dedication.

Albert - although it feels weird voting for someone whose repute is obviously on a higher level than a HoF.

Schitti - for his personal collection, and for setting up a PAL 2600 database and rarity guide, a massive undertaking still in progress.