IGNORED

Wanted: Commodore 1701/1702 Monitors and Sony TVs!

Albert

Are you in the Portland area? Are you attending the Portland Retro Gaming Expo? Do you have one or more Commodore 1701/1702 monitors and/or Sony TVs? If so, I'd love to talk to you! I am looking for Commodore 1701/1702 displays and 20" or larger TVs that I can use in the AtariAge booth to display new homebrew games! If you have one or more such displays and you'd be willing to bring them to the show, please let me know!

As a warning, if you have a Commodore 1702 and you don't bring it to the show, you run the risk that I may not sell you any new homebrew games that I'm making available for the first time in Portland!

If you bring one or more displays I can use for the entire duration of the show, I will give you an AtariAge T-Shirt. If you bring two or more, I will give you a t-shirt or an AtariAge Polo shirt in the size of your choice (but I will need to know in advance your size, so I can get them ordered in time!)

..Al

That's exactly what I had in mind. I'll get those stickers off and get it cleaned up. Getting out is going to be a 2 man job so I'll probably need someone to come over to help the day before the show.

How close are you to the venue? And, yes, you definitely need at least two people to move that sucker around. :D

Just curious but why only Sony TVs?

Doesn't really have to be only Sony TVs, but overall I have had the best experience with them in terms of picture quality, number/variety inputs, and I like the flat Trinitron displays. Plus, I like the more uniform appearance of using just Sony sets (for the same reason I have a ton of Commodore 1702 displays), although that really is less important.

..Al

I have two, but will probably be using only one. How many is Sal lending?

Nine, I believe. :D

So, I want to sweeten the deal for anyone who brings a Commodore 1702 or a 20" or larger television to the show. If you bring one display I can use for the entire duration of the show, I will give you an AtariAge T-Shirt. If you bring two or more, I will give you a t-shirt or an AtariAge Polo shirt in the size of your choice (but I will need to know in advance your size, so I can get them ordered in time!)

I still have quite the deficit as far as monitors go. I shipped one up to Portland today, just to see how much it would cost and to make sure it arrives safely (18" x 18" x 18" double-walled bomb-proof box). However, this is quite expensive, so I'd like to avoid shipping too many of these!

..Al

Al, I can get you at least one 1702 and also the nice 20" Sharp that you used a few times before, if that one was ok. I will need to check out a second monitor to see if it is good (it may be a 1701).

That would be fantastic, thanks! Yes, I will definitely use the 20" Sharp if you can bring it, and 1701s are just as good as 1702s! :) Please let me know if you'd like a t-shirt or polo shirt and what size, so I can be sure to have one for you at the show!

..Al