IGNORED

How much do you think Blix will sell for?

y-bot

I won't have felt right about removing the label and putting it on a different cart. I did have a picture of the board in the auction. I'm not complaining about the amount it sold for, yes I would have been happy with more. I'm more concerned with.

1. Are we going to have to start having proof that games we own or sell are legitimate? We may have to start having them graded and certified.

2. I don't believe this is what happened, but what if someone thinks that by raising concerns about a game they may be able to scare off sellers and get a game for cheaper.

3. Bummer for everyone who paid a lot more for this game recently, as the value may have just taken a large drop in value.

Also, I believe in a year they can start selling more copies, the 30 was limited to a 2 year agreement I believe. Maybe the sound will be fixed when they start selling them again.

I didn't buy the game to sell it, I just really didn't care for it so I figured I would sell it and buy something else.

I think the sample size of aftermarket Blix sales is too small to pin down a decent price for it. Especially considering the small pool of collectors willing to pay $200+ for one. Time and more sales will tell, I suppose, but I suspect prices to be all over the board considering people's mixed feelings on this release. If it were originally packaged in a nice box with a color manual and overlays I'd expect more consistent high prices.

• Like 2

I think the price might be a bit more realistic in terms of its actual "worth". Like anything in a collector market, "worth" is determined by whatever someone will pay for it at any given point in time. No one is paying $500 for this game because of its gameplay. Nor its high quality packaging. Nor because it's impossible to play otherwise. The only reason the price would be driven to ludicrous speed (come on, more valuable than every single original game except Spiker?) is because of speculation and the die-hard Pokemon-style collectors. The 30 copy limit may be the least we've seen for a homebrew for the Intellivision, but it's not THAT much lower than many others. A game that's a) actually fun to play, b) comes in a GREAT package, and c) sells maybe 100 copies should be worth at least as much as this piece of trash, EXCEPT in the situation where we have more than 30 people who insist on owning every single game ever released, *at virtually any cost*. That's less of a collector market and more people taking advantage of others' OCD tendencies.

I certainly don't point out how easy it is to counterfeit things so that I can get some sort of a "deal" on it. Even $200 makes me laugh more than a little, but more power to people willing to spend that kinda dough. I just try to bring things down to Earth for an entirely different reason:

Set the precedent that $500 is "reasonable" for a homebrew, ANY homebrew (I think it's universally agreed that Blix is the worst game to see cart release so far), and this market will be absolutely flooded with utter garbage. I could whip up a game of equivalent quality to Blix in a matter of weeks, spit out 30 copies each, sell 25 at a standard price, and then laugh all the way to the bank on the other 5 copies. And repeat pretty much forever. $2500 profit every month isn't a bad side income. And just imagine the prices if I actually managed a game with working sound!

Paying $500 every time Blix hits Ebay just encourages more people to consider this sort of thing - I'm actually astonished that no one's done it yet. It's a license to print money. I'd rather see quality homebrew myself, but if people keep rewarding bad behaviour, it's gonna happen.

Of course people are free to spend whatever they want to spend on something. Contrary to the occasional implication, I don't personally have any way of preventing someone from doing this. I'm not out lobbying Congress for price controls on second-hand homebrew or anything :lol: I just think people can get carried away, and it doesn't hurt to have the occasional dissenting opinion in an obvious speculator's market.

• Like 2

3. Bummer for everyone who paid a lot more for this game recently, as the value may have just taken a large drop in value.

Literally the only people this affects are speculators. Whether or not sympathy should be doled out is of course up to the individual. Personally, I'd be more happy for the person who managed to get themselves a "deal" on such a great game.

Although the implication in what you've said may explain why we so frequently see people being "helpful" when deals show up on Ebay, sold, and get mysteriously re-listed. Perhaps people are out there informing sellers, just to prop up the value of their own collections.

I think the price might be a bit more realistic in terms of its actual "worth". Like anything in a collector market, "worth" is determined by whatever someone will pay for it at any given point in time. No one is paying $500 for this game because of its gameplay. Nor its high quality packaging. Nor because it's impossible to play otherwise. The only reason the price would be driven to ludicrous speed (come on, more valuable than every single original game except Spiker?) is because of speculation and the die-hard Pokemon-style collectors. The 30 copy limit may be the least we've seen for a homebrew for the Intellivision, but it's not THAT much lower than many others. A game that's a) actually fun to play, b) comes in a GREAT package, and c) sells maybe 100 copies should be worth at least as much as this piece of trash, EXCEPT in the situation where we have more than 30 people who insist on owning every single game ever released, *at virtually any cost*. That's less of a collector market and more people taking advantage of others' OCD tendencies.

I certainly don't point out how easy it is to counterfeit things so that I can get some sort of a "deal" on it. Even $200 makes me laugh more than a little, but more power to people willing to spend that kinda dough. I just try to bring things down to Earth for an entirely different reason:

Set the precedent that $500 is "reasonable" for a homebrew, ANY homebrew (I think it's universally agreed that Blix is the worst game to see cart release so far), and this market will be absolutely flooded with utter garbage. I could whip up a game of equivalent quality to Blix in a matter of weeks, spit out 30 copies each, sell 25 at a standard price, and then laugh all the way to the bank on the other 5 copies. And repeat pretty much forever. $2500 profit every month isn't a bad side income. And just imagine the prices if I actually managed a game with working sound!

Paying $500 every time Blix hits Ebay just encourages more people to consider this sort of thing - I'm actually astonished that no one's done it yet. It's a license to print money. I'd rather see quality homebrew myself, but if people keep rewarding bad behaviour, it's gonna happen.

Of course people are free to spend whatever they want to spend on something. Contrary to the occasional implication, I don't personally have any way of preventing someone from doing this. I'm not out lobbying Congress for price controls on second-hand homebrew or anything :lol: I just think people can get carried away, and it doesn't hurt to have the occasional dissenting opinion in an obvious speculator's market.

Well Said!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: