IGNORED

Sears Telegames light sixer from Sunnyvale?

Colmino

It seems that this is what I have. So this begs some questions:

Which iteration was produced in higher volume in Sunnyvale, between the heavy- and light-sixer?

Which was more common in general, between the VCS and the Sears Telegames?

I mean, not that it feels all that relevant, but I may have accidentally wound up with an atypically rare specimen. ... And the crying shame is that I used to have the entire box for it, but that was evidently one of the "mom" victims from who knows when.

More Heavy Sixers were manufactured in Sunnyvale than Light Sixers. A few Light Sixers were manufactured in Sunnyvale during it's early production. From what I recall there were more Atari units than Sears units. Sears made a lot of Tele Games systems, but Atari produced more. And also understand that Sears teamed up with Atari, it is the same exact components just a different top shell.

Okay, yeah. It's just interesting to me that out of all the available categories - Sunnyvale vs. Taiwan, Sunnyvale heavy vs. Sunnyvale light, Atari vs. Sears - the unit I randomly found myself buying fits the three rare possibilities. Not that that necessarily makes it actually rare or desirable per se. There were probably, what, 100k of this particular flavor made? Still, that makes it one in 300. ;p

Not very many Heavy Sixers were made in Taiwan. And it was only in July and August of 1978, before Light Sixer production started. I think about 250,000 Heavy Sixers were made altogether if I recall correctly. 1977 Heavy Sixers do not have a channel select switch underneath but a 1978 Heavy Sixer does. Late '78 or early '79 is when Light Sixer production moved to Hong Kong..Some were made in Taiwan as well. A very few 4 switch woodies were made in Sunnyvale also. Oddly more Light Sixer Tele Games were made than 4 switchers. While it was the other way around for Atari.