IGNORED

New Intellivision Game for Portland Retro Gaming Expo

BBWW

For $400 you get a snow level! For $400 more you get bacon and cheese levels !

I do snow levels for free...

At the next Edmonton Fan Expo on September 25th, I'll be selling a Limited Edition with transparent ice themed cartridge and oversized Box with "Bacon Scented Plush Pig" tm included in the first 5 serial numbered boxes. Limited to 10 units....

[Click to enlarge]

post-38229-0-07070700-1442037309_thumb.pngpost-38229-0-74865300-1442037317_thumb.png

• Like 3

Canadians bacon is exactly what you'd expect - bacon. You guys occasionally refer to back bacon as "Canadian bacon" - but it's not terribly common here. 95% of bacon comes in strip form.

That's one of those ancient terms that just makes no sense, not since 1920 or so.

Mind you, many Americans still use the term "ice hockey", as if there's any other kind - so :shrug:

Canadians bacon is exactly what you'd expect - bacon. You guys occasionally refer to back bacon as "Canadian bacon" - but it's not terribly common here. 95% of bacon comes in strip form.

That's one of those ancient terms that just makes no sense, not since 1920 or so.

Mind you, many Americans still use the term "ice hockey", as if there's any other kind - so :shrug:

There is! What about Intellivision Hockey? :lol:

Actually, I've seen people playing hockey on roller rinks with roller skates, or on grass with a round ball. :shrug:

Tonsil Hockey....

There is! What about Intellivision Hockey? :lol:

Actually, I've seen people playing hockey on roller rinks with roller skates, or on grass with a round ball. :shrug:

Interestingly, the Rollerblade brand was originally created in Minnesota so that ice hockey players could practice during summer.

I still remember seeing someone with those when I was a child in summer of about 1979 in Virginia, Minnesota and asking my dad why his skates looked odd.

There's field hockey.

There's also street hockey, ball hockey, sledge hockey, air hockey, floor hockey...

But just like the NFL isn't the NA(merican)FL - there's an implicit meaning in the term "hockey". And back in 1920, you did in fact need to distinguish between field and ice hockey. Just like a century ago, "Canadian bacon" was actually a thing.

It's a joke, kids :P

OK, I understand that I may need a torch and pitch fork level with the bacon and snow levels. LOL

Testing beginning on the game soon. Music being worked on all involved are having fun with this...

decided to try shooting right-handed around 13 eh?

Never had leftover sticks. When a stick was "retired" from the ice, it was used to shoot pucks against the garage until it broke.

But that would have been cool to have today! My nephew made an Adirondack chair from a bunch of old sticks. Pretty cool.

Remember those red titan sticks! I had a very hard shot, it start with a red titan stick and 100+ pucks in the driveway!

Perfect, we can put this out on a cart for about $20 bucks each with shipping! Maybe a CIB for $30. Wow we could lose some money here! Let's do it.

Edited by BBWW
  • Like 1