IGNORED

CRAP Games © ® ™ Seeks Programmers

BBWW

This first thing is for fun, if you aren't into it I'm OK with that.

I'm hoping to out beyond this, I know the community I'm dealing with here. Some will have fun with this and some will think I'm scum. I don't come into doing this with a thin skin.

You understand the point I'm making with this but you fail to find to humor in addressing the stupidity of the whole thing. So beat me up, I can take it. I won't think lesser of anybody on this board for having an opinion, we all have them.

If it's not done by Portland so be it...

I encourage no one to buy this game!

So you are seriously trying to rush a real, cart only release of the Piggy game in less than 4 weeks? In my opinion you are now doing the exact same thing that you are ranting about what the people that produced Blix did, maybe worse because you are fully aware of what you are doing.

We don't want simple games knocked off with IntyBasic over a couple of weekends that are rushed because you want to release a cart at a show and are hoping collectors buy it so "they can have them all" especially if you artificially limit the numbers.

If Piggy is released at PRGE and hasn't gone thru rigorous testing (ON ALL VERSIONS of Inty hardware, including PAL), is just a half assed Kaboom clone, expect to be open to a flood of criticism equal or greater than Blix ever got.

If you don't love your game concept and don't want to put in basic Game Design 101 practices like High Scores, Skill Level selection. Multiplayer, background/level changing because you are rushing to meet a show...don't bother.

I think the big question is, how the heck did that chicken get up in the trees?

Actually, chickens will roost in trees if left out of their coop overnight. Some will get quite high in trees. They hace limited flight. But once they get some altitude in a tree by flying from branch to branch, if you scare them out, they will fly/glide a decent distance.

They also crap everywhere. A lot.....

• Like 1

Actually, chickens will roost in trees if left out of their coop overnight. Some will get quite high in trees. They hace limited flight. But once they get some altitude in a tree by flying from branch to branch, if you scare them out, they will fly/glide a decent distance.

Yup. As demonstrated in the documentary Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

• Like 2

I was actually going off personal experience. I used to have 50 chickens.

;-)

My aunt and Uncle have a farm in Wisconsin. I used to play in the chicken coop with my cousin when I was young.

My plan in the catching game is to make a 2nd level where 2 items drops. I want to make a new backdrop with chicken nesting on the top. Egg or poop will come out of the chute. Kinda like Big Bird Egg Catch game for the Atari 2600.

• Like 1

So you are seriously trying to rush a real, cart only release of the Piggy game in less than 4 weeks?

Four weeks is not enough time to make a game. This is especially true when not only do you need to write the code but also burn it to a circuit board, collect cards, install the circuit boards into the carts, design labels, order labels, apply labels, etc, etc.

Thus, to avoid all these problems, I present a new game:

Attack of the Title Screens! ©®@℗™

By allowing you to simply click and play it in your browser, there is no cart or other production costs. It is already available ahead of schedule for PRGE. Enjoy!

post-37124-0-92344200-1442194675_thumb.gif

• Like 5

Yes but is it actually 4 weeks? Could something have been started, an existing project modified? Who knows.

I had enough fun with just remembering how to use my Cuttle Cart Editor this weekend. LOL

For some games a year wasn't enough to make it worth playing.

"So many unknowns I see young Skywalker."

A demo cart for Screens. I wan't it. I see 10's of dollars being lost.

Four weeks is not enough time to make a game. This is especially true when not only do you need to write the code but also burn it to a circuit board, collect cards, install the circuit boards into the carts, design labels, order labels, apply labels, etc, etc.

Thus, to avoid all these problems, I present a new game:

Attack of the Title Screens! ©®@℗™

By allowing you to simply click and play it in your browser, there is no cart or other production costs. It is already available ahead of schedule for PRGE. Enjoy!

attachicon.gifAttack of the Title Screens.gif

• Like 1

IMHO, The Attack of the Title Screens is overqualified to be a CRAP Games © ® ™

I think I'm offended.

Piggy Bank is up to 8 Levels...lots of bells and whistles, animated game over screen, Three difficulty levels, Super Intellivised Blah Blah Woof Woof logo... yet time is slipping, will be make Portland for our first release?

• Like 2

If you have anything you want to demo or sell at PRGE I can make room on one of my tables for it. If you are worried about breaking some rule at PRGE I'm the one to ask.

Signed, Toby

PRGE organizer

PRGE vendor

The dick who sold Blix for $500

Perfect, now to add a foot in mouth level!

To be clear I don't think it's a dick move to sell a game for $500 or to buy one for that. The dick move is to make a game that is worth that almost overnight when no one had a chance to get a copy.

Edited by BBWW

You know what's funny? When I was in 6th grade, I made a bet like that with someone. He claimed he could write a playable game for the Apple //e in two days, and I didn't believe him. I bet he couldn't do it.

He actually delivered.

It wasn't a great game, but it was a playable game and actually a little fun. Granted, we didn't have all that circuit board nonsense, just 5.25" floppies and ProDOS. But, if you get the code done in 2-3 days, that leaves the other 3.75 weeks to do the rest. ;)

What was the game? It was a really simple "Get your guy through the maze" sort of game. The maze was just squares on the lo-res graphics screen, as was your character. The maze itself was largely just random blocks placed by calling 'rand' in a loop. Extremely low tech.

But it was playable, and it was at least a little fun. I had to concede the bet.

Edited by intvnut

I cant afford to make it to the Expo anyway so I will miss the game if it is released there. I am one of those guys that has every game but if I start missing out on them now going into the future I am at peace with it.

I am getting older and tired, and I spend most of my time and money hanging out with my kids and making sure they have what they need or want.

Anyone who goes to the Expo, have a great time I love attending any gaming event when I can! ;-)