IGNORED

Is it time? Flashback II

1980gamer

Is it time to put the blitz on AtGames?

Do we have a shot at pressuring/influencing atgames into releasing an Intellivision flashback 2?

Maybe 1.5 with corrected sound emulation and fixed wiring for the controllers.

Of course we all want additional games. It should be easy enough to get some homebrew games added.

We all want Tron, Bump n Jump etc. I don't know how that will go?

But maybe Activision/Imagic? Atari could reciprocate for the M-Network games. Do we even want the Coleco games?

Would it make sense to have a new look? Intellivision 2 Colors. Just so the wiring correction can be done and a distinct look would make it easy to support customers.

Of course, I LOVE the new controllers. So, please keep this level of quality, change colors and wiring to work with original hardware.

Just my ranting...

I want to start sending emails to service@atgames.net to get the ball rolling.

• Like 1

Funnily enough, I saw a posting on facebook where someone inquired if $40 was a good price on an Inty flashback. A reply told him that no, that isn't a good deal at this time because these units tend to come out in the fall! As if a new one were right around the corner! I'm sure we would have heard about such a unit being in production by now, right?

I'll bet that we will see Intellivision and ColecVision Flashbacks coming out from the same retailers as last year, but it will be old stock that they bought from ATGames last year and didn't sell. Bed Bath and Beyond Canada pulled their stock from the shelves at one point, but they still have it on the website. I'll bet we'll see then again as featured items nearer to Christmas

I'll bet that we will see Intellivision and ColecVision Flashbacks coming out from the same retailers as last year, but it will be old stock that they bought from ATGames last year and didn't sell. Bed Bath and Beyond Canada pulled their stock from the shelves at one point, but they still have it on the website. I'll bet we'll see then again as featured items nearer to Christmas

I think you may be right.

Fixing the sound issues would be huge. Adding some new games would be enough to get me to buy future Intellivision FB's. This seems to be AtGames strategy for their Atari FB's.

Adding an SD card slot would be cool, but ultimately might hurt sales because there would be no reason to buy future versions with more games...

Is it time to put the blitz on AtGames?

Would it make sense to have a new look? Intellivision 2 Colors. Just so the wiring correction can be done and a distinct look would make it easy to support customers.

Of course, I LOVE the new controllers. So, please keep this level of quality, change colors and wiring to work with original hardware.

The Flashback 2 should be Intellivision II colors, and Flashback 3 could be INTV III colors?

Then the Flashback 4 and 5 can be Sylvania and Tandyvision themed? But alas, I don't think there are enough games in the library to support so many FB units.

I JUST saw a CVFB at a Wal-Mart in the Seattle area. On "Clearance" for $39.99. Lord knows where they found it; probably lost in the warehouse or something.

I'm really sad the INTV version never made it to blowout prices. I was hoping to stock up on controllers for $10/pair.

3 weeks ago, the Wamarts around Palm Springs each had one or more, all marked down to 39.99 or 49.99. The ToySRus had a few for 49.99

Kind of makes me sad that I didn't get to see any Intellivision FBs in the store. Granted, I didn't look too hard since I had mail ordered mine. I did see all other FBs except for the Intellivision. My local QFC grocery store even had an end-cap for a couple with weeks with most of the FBs. Oh well.

The Flashback 2 should be Intellivision II colors, and Flashback 3 could be INTV III colors?

Then the Flashback 4 and 5 can be Sylvania and Tandyvision themed? But alas, I don't think there are enough games in the library to support so many FB units.

But can the keep the "bubble" number pads on the controller please?

Your right on that thought.. When I was looking for inty flashback in the spring .. That's what the managers at bed and bath told me why they pulled them from shelves...and why no discount on them.. They will be pulling the out again closer to Christmas...

But can the keep the "bubble" number pads on the controller please?

Can you imagine the outrage of an Intv 2 version of a flashback using a replica that controller? Well maybe if there was a fresh makeover for the controller.

I wouldn't mind an Intv 2 themed flashback, but with a revamped controller with the existing "bubble" number pad and side buttons, but in the colors of the old Intv 2 controllers.

Is that just emulator+rom packs for PC?

Essentially, yes. It's a custom interface. It's rather nicely done, actually, but there's no real support for anything other than keyboard controls unfortunately. On the apps I was testing there was no support for physical controls (controllers) on those either. (And yes, I've pointed that out as a negative to them multiple times.) On the plus side, the emulation was spot on.

Essentially, yes. It's a custom interface. It's rather nicely done, actually, but there's no real support for anything other than keyboard controls unfortunately. On the apps I was testing there was no support for physical controls (controllers) on those either. (And yes, I've pointed that out as a negative to them multiple times.) On the plus side, the emulation was spot on.

Damn. The kind of thing that could have made a ton of money - 15 years ago. It's a shame that so many rights holders waited until the horse had left the barn (and trotted halfway around the world) on this stuff. 50 cents a game would have been right around my sweet spot back then. Of course it's also too bad that we didn't see more of this in the various console-based emulation packs, or phone apps back when any idiot could make good money with a buck-a-game apps. Even 3-4 years ago there was a huge appetite for this sort of thing. Not sure how well it'll go these days, but hopefully well enough to fund some hardware. Mind you, this stuff has been available since 2013/4? First I've seen it. Maybe some marketing is in order.

On the bright side, there are ways to spoof the keyboard with a controller. Not something the average person is going to figure out, but it's doable. This looks to be Windows-only and DRM-laden, but I'm sure there are ways to do it even under those conditions.

I wonder if there's any public appetite for a homebrew pack similar to this. People always say that this stuff will only appeal to us hardcore retro nerds - but most of us have long since acquired these games in one format or another. Surely *someone* in the casual market is buying it, if these things keep re-appearing.