IGNORED

WTB: VHS movies

copper20

Been having a LOT of trouble trying to find some good classic movies on VHS lately. This might not be the best site to ask for VHS tapes, but I have tried so many bookstores and thrift places that are within 20 minutes of me. I'll pay 2 for each since they're usually EXTREMELY cheap. (Hell I even bought a copy of War of the Worlds for probably not even a full dollar)

Couple of things:

No ex-rentals, writing, stickers, tears, or residue on the VHS box art and tape itself - labels also shouldn't be falling off or have any writing.

I prefer to have tapes that were from 1983-1990, those typically don't have hundreds of trailers at the beginning and are much more likely to work. Any from 1978-1982 are fine, but I don't my VCR to get damaged.

Test the tape before you sell it - no damaged tapes or tapes that squeal or get stuck in the VCR.

Listed by home video distributor:

CBS/FOX Video

African Queen

Commando

Predator

MGM/UA Home Video

Clash of the Titans

The Time Machine

MCA Home Video/Videocassette Inc.

The Black Cat/The Raven Double Feature

Creature from the Black Lagoon

Family Plot

Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man

Frenzy

Rope

Shadow of a Doubt

Torn Curtain

The War Wagon

Warner Home Video (Slipcover Only)

The Dead Pool

Dirty Harry

Warner Home Video (Clamshell Cases Only)

Chisum

McQ

The Cowboys

Paramount Home Video

Catch-22

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Paper Moon

RCA/Columbia Home Video

Earth VS. The Flying Saucers

Jason and the Argonauts

Walt Disney Home Video

The Incredible Journey

The Reluctant Dragon

Edited by copper20

I have in the past, but you can't check the tape to make sure it's okay looking. Besides I remember buying a copy of Grease one time about 6 years ago and it broke a VCR I had. Besides they put price stickers on there and they can be really tough to take off without damaging the art. And I've checked bookstores but their VHS stock are all growing a lot smaller lately or they don't even have a copy of a movie I want to get.

Edited by copper20

I have in the past, but you can't check the tape to make sure it's okay looking. Besides I remember buying a copy of Grease one time about 6 years ago and it broke a VCR I had. Besides they put price stickers on there and they can be really tough to take off without damaging the art. And I've checked bookstores but their VHS stock are all growing a lot smaller lately or they don't even have a copy of a movie I want to get.

True. They have the orange sticker tags on there. But they are not as hard to get off like the annoying game stop price tags where they will put 5 tags all over the case. I usually dab a few droplets of windex on a soft cloth and rub it off, works wonders for me. Most places nowadays don't seem to have the common courtesy to check a product to see if it's in good working order to sell it after someone brings an item to get credit for, whether it's movies, scratched up dvd's, disc formatted video games, cartridge formatted games with worn out cartridge pins and etc. I hope you get what you are looking for in return. :)