IGNORED

Discovered a brochure in my father's stuff

BillyBaloney976

The domain expires at the end of the year and I many not renew it.

intellivision.us/library is one of my first three favourites (it's my main source for the easter eggs, for example)
The other two are intvfunhouse (especially for the variants and specific information about the 125's) and intellivisionrevolution (especially for the homebrews releases and for the "coming soon").
If you forsake it will be a big loss for the community.
Edited by intellivotion

If you scan this, I'd like to volunteer to do the editing and cleanup. I've been developing my techniques for a few years now, to bring out the original intended colors and restore things to a printable state, and I really like doing it now! Here are some samples of my work:

http://gamepreservation.tumblr.com/post/108855176394/gamefan-april-1999-volume-7-issue-4

http://gamepreservation.tumblr.com/post/106965022454/heres-a-rare-promotional-comic-book-for-hudsons

http://gamepreservation.tumblr.com/post/96116530994/from-my-personal-collection-its-the-very-first

EDIT: btw, here's a conversation Brandon Sheffield and I had with Don Daglow a few years ago about the Intellivision III (mistakenly referred to here as the IV): http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/112971/From_Intellivision_To_Today_Talking_To_Don_Daglow.php

He says in here he had suggestions for six titles and they went out and promoted those six, I wouldn't be surprised if the games in this brochure are what he's talking about.

Edited by TheRedEye
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy Folks!

I finally have the brochure in my hands and hope to scan it in the next couple of days.

I also came across a snazzy Mattel electronics plastic tennis visor and an old Wings hat from CBS software. My father still uses the Burgertime chefs hat and apron but I think there are pictures of those out there already.

There's a bunch of other stuff from CBS, MicroProse, Infocom, Activision, LucasArts, etc.. that I'll post to respective forums if they seem to be rare.

The response to this has been great but it secretly makes me sick remembering how much stuff my mother threw out over the years.

post-43642-0-55283700-1443921987_thumb.jpg

Howdy Folks!

I finally have the brochure in my hands and hope to scan it in the next couple of days.

I also came across a snazzy Mattel electronics plastic tennis visor and an old Wings hat from CBS software. My father still uses the Burgertime chefs hat and apron but I think there are pictures of those out there already.

There's a bunch of other stuff from CBS, MicroProse, Infocom, Activision, LucasArts, etc.. that I'll post to respective forums if they seem to be rare.

The response to this has been great but it secretly makes me sick remembering how much stuff my mother threw out over the years.

Lol! That visor is awesome! ? Billy I sent you a PM if you have a chance to read it.

It's a sad irony that the excitement you see is pretty much BECAUSE of mothers (and others) throwing so much out over the years. I'm just happy to see the vast majority of stuff seems to have survived, in one form or another. It's absolutely amazing what's crawled out of the woodwork in the past 10 years - thank the Internet for that.

This has got to be one of the most amazing finds in the history of Intellivision thank you so much for posting. Please do some super hi res scans when you can but be super carful cleaning it. Cant tell you how blown away I am seeing this, never thought I would see anything more on Intellivision III than the small pic that is up on Keith's site.

Would be great to her an Interview if possible.

Thanks again WoW

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Not that I'm aware of. I had made a very generous offer to buy it so that Rev and I could create something for the community but sadly he never responded to the PM. :( I don't think he's been on the site for almost a year but if he ever comes back I'd love to buy this thing.

Wow...

I'm a total loser-dork. I found someone with one a while back and they scanned it and sent me the images. I cut his multi-page images apart (i.e. his page 2 & 3 image to separate page 2 and page 3 images) and made a PDF out of them as well. The album has the original multi-page images for picky people to play with as well as the individual pages that I cut from them. I'd have said something earlier but I completely spaced this thread because I'm a total loser.

To redeem my loser-dorkness I've put the images in an album HERE. I also made a PDF of them. A person that is NOT a loser-dork, intvdave, has graciously hosted the PDF HERE.

Sorry I'm a loser-dork. Hope you get some enjoyment from these.

Your loser-dork friend,

KylJoy

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

Ted Mayer was a toy designer/illustrator at Mattel. He worked in the visual design department. He typically worked on concepts coming from Mattel's preliminary design department.

http://www.ted-mayer.com/projects-archive/intellivision.html

https://battleram.wordpress.com/2015/12/14/ted-mayer/

Very interesting interview and pictures. Thanks for posting this.