IGNORED

Super Mario Maker, share your creations here.

Dashopepper

Here is four of my levels for Super Mario Maker.

If you are looking for old school level design that requires skill (not luck or grinding) and rewards you for replay check out my levels and give em a star! I can only upload more levels at this point if I get more stars.

A Curious Situation

6537-0000-0027-5B78

Chamber of Secrets

2007-0000-0027-6631

Secrets High & Low

CB29-0000-0034-D79A

Underground

CABE-0000-0035-0F12

My wife actually made Secrets High & Low.

I also took video of some videos of my levels *spoilers*:

• Like 1

I have made 2 levels so far:

Pick your Poison - DB7A-0000-001C-63B8 I wanted to see if people would notice the alternate route but have not got any comments.

Wario Bros Mountain Adventure - 3996-0000-004A-F46E I decided to use the entire area and see if I could fill it with obstacles without being unfair.

I would like to get some feedback to know if my courses are fun. I am enjoying both playing and building immensely. My only complaints are the people who put one thing to get by and call it a level and although I am impressed with the design of the automatic levels, I don't want to play them.

Gary

Edited by heberts811
  • Like 1

Please star my levels, and I will star your levels :)

@Dashopepper - I have played and starred your levels. Some great ideas in them; really enjoyable to play. I will play the levels of everybody else who has posted in here, and post a comment when I do.

Airwaves 19E3-0000-0029-9F46

Spin Jump Cavern 2FDC-0000-003B-86C0

Don't Touch Your Controller 77CB-0000-0041-67EB

Simple Fun AB89-0000-001D-550E

Huh? D774-0000-002B-8BD9

Wall Jumpman 4FAF-0000-001D-89B0

Underground Resistance 5068-0000-001F-9218

My kids made these next 2 levels. They are aspiring video game designers - please star them and help boost their confidence :)

Which Way? 6DFE-0000-0049-95DC

Dangerouser 2E20-0000-0049-9876

@Amstari and @dashv - I just finished playing and starring all of your levels. I thought they were very good - actual gameplay like real mario levels, better than a lot of the random or over-complicated levels you find out there.

Please play and star my levels - see my previous post :)

Glad you liked them. I finally got 50 stars so I can upload more levels.

My latest is a new SMB 3 themed level:

141F-0000-0055-48E1

It's my longest level so far. Like my others it focuses on light challenge with a primary focus on fun and secret paths.

I'll give your levels a try today.

If you like mine a lot feel free to share the codes on other social media sites.

I plan to share all my favorites on my Retro Reload live hangout this Tuesday.

Edited by dashv

Oh crap thought I was done with Nintendo gaming and then this comes out! :rolling:

What's next, Mike Tyson's Punch Out creator? Donkey Kong's Level Editor? Excite Bike's Rally Road Rage?

You are in luck my friend! Mario v.s. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars for the WiiU already lets you make your own Donkey Kong levels from scratch and share them online.

I hope a Metriod Maker is next. :)

Xenomorpher, I don't think the levels are very big you should be fine. That said I'll check later tonight. I've made and saved about 40 levels

Edited by dashv
  • Like 1

Glad you liked them. I finally got 50 stars so I can upload more levels.

I wish they didn't do this. I've barely had a dozen people try mine. It is so hard to get stages played or earn stars. If only popular levels that already have tons of stars ever get played, how does a small fry compete? :sad:

• Like 1

I wish they didn't do this. I've barely had a dozen people try mine. It is so hard to get stages played or earn stars. If only popular levels that already have tons of stars ever get played, how does a small fry compete? :sad:

I hear ya. I think in the long run it will be a good thing because there are some crappy levels out there right now. I'm not even talking auto play. I mean: Start, mushroom, flagpole. I think limiting those folks to 10 uploads until they make something more worth playing is a smart move.

The downside is obviously our existing uploads that may already be masses worthy need to wait for their audience to find them before we can upload more.

If it makes you feel any better it seems like the key is to upload lots of (enjoyable) levels up to your max early on. You can also delete or replace levels you have previously uploaded with better versions and you keep all the stars you've gotten even after you've removed the level.

I uploaded 5 and my son uploaded five. So we were maxed on uploads until this weekend.

But with 10 levels in the can each one only needs 5 stars to get to 50. It's only taken us a week to get 71 stars!

My son and I have played most of the levels posted here so far and left comments and stars. stardust your levels are next!

Also post your levels in the SMM thread on vgcollect!

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6488.0.html

It's all about exposure. Anyone know other places to post our levels?

Edited by dashv

Well, that's stupid. Everything should be available all at once.

It's not that bad. "Everything should be available at once" would be nice, but the reality is this lets you get to grips with the editing system. By the time SMB3 and SMW stuff is unlocked, you are really comfortable with the engine and can go to town with the design.

It took me about 4 hours of editing to unlock the SMB3 and SMW stuff. It seems the game unlocks stuff based on how many items/blocks you place in a map while editing. A fast way to unlock stuff is place blocks everywhere on a map, then blow it all away at once, then do it again, and again.. etc. I got the stuff pretty quickly through normal editing though.

Oh crap… thought I was done with Nintendo gaming and then this comes out! :rolling:

What's next, Mike Tyson's Punch Out creator? Donkey Kong's Level Editor? Excite Bike's Rally Road Rage?

I was thinking a classic Zelda Maker, honestly. Imagine that!

• Like 1

It's not that bad. "Everything should be available at once" would be nice, but the reality is this lets you get to grips with the editing system. By the time SMB3 and SMW stuff is unlocked, you are really comfortable with the engine and can go to town with the design.

It took me about 4 hours of editing to unlock the SMB3 and SMW stuff. It seems the game unlocks stuff based on how many items/blocks you place in a map while editing. A fast way to unlock stuff is place blocks everywhere on a map, then blow it all away at once, then do it again, and again.. etc. I got the stuff pretty quickly through normal editing though.

I was thinking a classic Zelda Maker, honestly. Imagine that!

I'd love that too. At present though Nintendo has gone on record saying they think it'd be too tough to tackle right now.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/super_mario_maker_producer_tells_fans_not_to_expect_zelda_maker_any_time_soon

I've been slowly playing through the "100 lives" mode. Really amusing some of the stages people have created.

I've also encountered several "autorun" stages. Some of the mechanics are really clever...

I'm beginning to just star everything I find fun or interesting. Only stages which are Kazzio hard, stupid short, or just lack imagination (ie Mario collects mushroom, kills goomba, jumps on flagpole)

Edited by stardust4ever

I just picked it up today and now I totally regret this decision as I am already using too much of my time on this. :lol: This is truly addicting and fun to create your own levels. I can't get enough of this.

I feel the same way. I picked it up on Friday and all I have been able to think about since then is making levels. Easily one of the best games on the Wii U right now, hands-down. :lolblue:

• Like 1

Here are my early levels. I might try my hand at more puzzle-esque or downright crazy levels eventually, but right now I'm easing in with basic level design reminiscent of the early parts of the first Super Mario Bros. They are easy levels that anyone can finish on their first go, but try to find the different ways to keep the flow going and get to the end without stopping (that's the way I like to play, so I designed them that way). :)

83AA-0000-0051-7D99 (1-1) - Outside

DA08-0000-0054-A4ED (1-2) - Underground

8DA5-0000-0055-9740 (1-3) - Water

CDD0-0000-0055-E758 (1-4) - Castle