IGNORED

Season 9 - Colecovision HSC - Introductions and Game Selections!

coleco1981

Hello Everyone!

Colecovision HSC Season 9 will start on Sunday, September 20th

About Your Moderator:

As you saw in a previous post, I am now the moderator for Season 9 of the Colecovision HSC club. To tell you a bit about myself - my real name is John and I'm from Western Massachusetts. I've been into classic/retro gaming before it was known as classic/retro gaming. My first memory of gaming was with a colecovision and the added atari expansion. The colecovision is (obviously) my favorite console although I play and collect for many different systems.

I also like to restore upright arcade games and have a small collection of about 10 machines in my basement arcade - many of the arcade machines I have in my collection seem to match with some of my favorite colecovision games - donkey kong, donkey kong jr, popeye, frogger, burgertime and galaxian just to name a few. I think the colecovision is often times an under-rated system because the selection and quality of the arcade ports that they released were the best! Oddly enough, being that I live in western massachusetts I'm only about 1 1/2 hours away from Amsterdam, NY which is where the Coleco company was located (look on the bottom label of your colecovision). The factory is still there and has an outline of where the coleco sign used to be.

I haven't been an active member of AA for that long so I really don't have many posts to my name but I'm hoping to be more active and definitely keep up with the care and feeding that this HSC will need. I am not a competitive gamer but I'm always interested in beating my personal best. I also find that participating in high score competitions keeps games fun and pushes you to do your very best. I've won a few competitions: Vector Wars 2014, Colecovision HighScore.com Trophy Cracking Content and TG 16 Season 5. Feel free to check out my youtube channel if you want to see my gameplay (its pretty boring actually).

Rules and Scoring:

Thanks to Ikrananka I now have the scoring sheets ready and will continue with the same scoring format. I've also copied the last set of rules which are pretty much the same as last season but simpler.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242752-season-9-colecovision-high-score-club-rules-and-guidelines/?p=3321754

Game Selections and Introductions!

Please feel free to submit your top 5 colecovision games that you want to have in this season. For an optional BONUS, feel free to add something about yourself (I'm new here) and/or what you think about the colecovision. I prefer to run this season with originally released games but if you feel strongly on a certain homebrew, please feel free to suggest it. I also try to refrain from games that people can commonly marathon. All games suggested must be free to download ROMS for those emulation people.

Here is my list!

1. Tapper

2. Jungle Hunt

3. War Games

4. Evolution

5. Looping

I hope we have some strong participation! Please remember at the end of the day this is just for bragging rights - so keep the game play nice, fair, and fun!

• Like 2

I like the prototype Atari games, especially PacMan, but also Joust and Dig Dug.

And the steering wheel /roller controller games are normally not played in the HSC. Turbo, Slither, Destructor, Victory

But there exist converted versions for joystick use by Daniel Bienvenu, so these games can be played by emulator gamers, too.

Looking forward to this as I was new to the forums during the last season and didn't play much. You can find out pretty much everything about me in my CV thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/237287-why-i-got-back-into-collecting-colecovision/ I also really like the idea of staying true to the released games, but if there is one Homebrew that I would suggest it would be Circus Charlie since it's a port of an arcade game that I feel *should* have made it to ColecoVision and this version feels just like it would have if it actually came out! And I'm pretty sure Pixelboy has made the ROM public... So here's my list:

1. Circus Charlie

2. Oil's Well

3. Looping

4. Space Panic

5. Roc N Rope

I'll take a stab at this.. I hope to be more active this year in the CV HSC.

I mostly play homebrews anymore but as far as originals.. My 5 picks (not already mentioned) are:

1. Antarctic Adventure
  2. Keystone Kapers
  3. Venture
  4. Spy Hunter
  5. Carnival

Edit: a couple other games I really love but have funky scoring systems.. Rock n Bolt and Boulder Dash

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85

Greetings, my name is Jeff, i have been playing colecovision games for over 3 decades now and along with the 2600 it is one of my favorite consoles. Looking forward to the new season and wish everyone the best of luck! My 5 games are: Campaign 84 Gateway to Asphai Sammy Lightfoot Decathlon Ladybug.

• 3 weeks later...

That's correct, whether you pay the toll or warp to level G from level F, Grog appears and kills you at the top of the mountain by the meaning of life sign. I was able to complete the game years ago, but not this time around, reaching level F. There are warp codes for every level consisting of two numbers for each. For example: On level A, once you enter the cave to right of the starting point, pressing 22 on the keypad warps you to level B. 23 is the code for the first cave on B, warping to C. 44 is the code for first cave on level C taking you to D. The other levels require a bit more trial and error to find the correct cave and code. The warp code for level D is 45, level E 62 and on level F 78. Like I said, it's a bit of work finding the correct cave. The instruction manual provides some clues for the codes and caves.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...