IGNORED

Is there ANY possibility of a Boulder Dash Re-issue

p.opus

I'd be happy to participate in this plan, and I think it's a great way to allow people to play the complete game on real hardware. I'd love to see people take a photo of the cart with some interesting landmark in their home town or state, and I could maintain a gallery of the cart's travels.

I understand that some people may not want to reveal their location with that much specificity, in which case I will instead accept some cookies as equitable compensation.

..Al

• Like 5

Remember what it was like when a friend loaned you a cart for a bit, and you knew that once you gave it back you'd probably never play it again? You'd bust a thumb wringing every ounce of joy out if it. Well, good luck Massachusetts - Boulder Dash is coming and this one's gonna hurt!

Next stop? It should be you! Don't be the guy who buys the tour shirt long after the band has gone, wishing that they'd been there.

I'm delighted that this is happening. I sometimes wish the whole internet was like AtariAge! As the rest of the online world descends into pettiness and rancour, this place is like a reminder of what could've been - a global fellowship based on goodwill. What an awesome bunch of folks we've got here :waving:

• Like 3

And so the journey begins! From Hobart, Tasmania, Australia to Massachusetts, USA. This is the view from the mountain I live on looking down towards town. And yes that's me! In my hand... The loaner Boulder Dash. Fare thee well.

Awesome view you have! Did you send out the box and manual as well, or just the cartridge?

There was an authorized Atari 5200 cartridge of Boulder Dash released ten years ago :

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/94281-picts-of-atari-5200-boulder-dash-in-yellow-pink-black-and-red/?hl=boulder+dash&do=findComment&comment=1153666

The auction, here : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Rare-Boulder-Dash-51-100-AtariAge-New-Sealed-/282126476547?hash=item41b00c6503:g:dJMAAOSwHoFXp2Zc, shows the box for the 2600 and 5200 version. It is a bit misleading because it could be construed to imply you will receive both.

I don't understand why the 5200 version of the game is shown at all if it's not included. The title even states, "Atari 2600 *Rare* Boulder Dash 51/100", when it's not the 2600 game that actually has that seal with the number on it. That is certainly misleading at best.

..Al