IGNORED

Is there ANY possibility of a Boulder Dash Re-issue

p.opus

I don't understand why the 5200 version of the game is shown at all if it's not included. The title even states, "Atari 2600 *Rare* Boulder Dash 51/100", when it's not the 2600 game that actually has that seal with the number on it. That is certainly misleading at best.

..Al

Perhaps the reseller is ignorant of what game version is and didn't do his homework? Once while searching for Atari 2600 games, I found an ebay dealer who listed a Colecovision game as "Atari 2600". I politely messaged him and told him it was not a 2600 cart. He thanked me and updated the listing.

The complete package, extras and everything.

Even the AA buttons? You must really trust people. Who's getting it first?

I propose anyone who rents this game put a sticker, magnet, keychain, stamped penny, or other small trinket or memento from your home town to place inside the box, to remain with the game as it tours the world. If you get a souvenir sticker, do not apply it; please leave the backing paper on... :P

• Like 1

I was going to say illiterate, but the 5200 box does not expressly state anywhere that it is for the Atari 5200. An ignorant person may look at the Atari2600.com logo and think that the game is for the Atari 2600. He may fail to appreciate from a quick look at the box that "More Exciting Atari 5200 First Star Software games" implies that the game in the box is also an Atari 5200 game. If the boxes were not sealed and he had both cartridges before him, it would be obvious that the cartridges are not for the same game console. A less ignorant person could have looked at the game screens shown on each box and notice that the graphics for one are much more detailed and with many more objects on the screen than the other.

Now that he has been tipped off that he is selling apples and oranges, he will probably split them into two auctions. Someone could have bagged two for the price of one!

Edited by Great Hierophant
  • Like 1

I'm curious to see how long before somebody nicks it. I have a little faith.

I'll leave the particular individual to put up their hand, if they wish to be identified.

I predict the opposite - Atari fans will add Metal Robots to the Box and you will probably really get cookies, maybe even an Atari 800XL. If BD is lost in transit it will be because of too many Metal Robots :)

227,50 for both ebay Boulder Dash. I bid up to 200,00, could've gone to 250,00, but customs charges would've been to much by that amount.

Is that a good price for both? I've never seen the 5200 Boulder Dash before. What is the going price for the 2600 version?

https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/track.html#/track?id=LK943603705AU

Must only be a day or two from delivery. Albert, you going to setup a page for it's journey and the pictures and reviews?

Personally I can't wait to see a review from each person (honestly, good or bad doesn't matter - just some genuine and honest feedback) to share with them the excitement of waiting for it, opening and reading the manual, actually playing the game -- and finally parting with it to the next donor body. Maybe if each recipient could take a picture of the unopened package, just keeping it going as a "story" that we can follow... that's what would make me happy and compensate for its eventual loss...

Update:

Current Status
Delivered
Delivered
6:49am Tue 16 Aug
US-02367, UNITED STATES
  • Like 1