IGNORED

Portland Retro Gaming Expo - October 17th and 18th

Albert

This year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo takes place October 17th and 18th at the Oregon Convention Center. The Portland Retro Gaming Expo (PRGE) is one of the largest classic gaming events in the country, and here are some of the highlights you can expect from this year's show:

AtariAge will have a large booth packed full of new and upcoming homebrew games for the 2600, 5200, 7800, Atari 8-bit computers and Jaguar! We are planning on releasing several new homebrew games at the show, details of which will be released in the upcoming weeks. We'll have limited quantities of games at the show, so be sure to come by our booth on Saturday to make sure you get the games you want! We'll also be demoing a 7800 Expansion Module (XM) unit with several XM-ready games for you to try out!

atariage_prge_2015_news.png

Please visit the official Portland Retro Gaming Expo website to learn more about the show. We've also setup a forum to discuss the event for those who are attending. If you're attending the show, please stop by our booth and say hello! If you'd like to sport an AtariAge badge, you can learn more about how to get one here.

Stay tuned for an upcoming announcement detailing all the games and demos that will be available from AtariAge!

• Like 2

apart from Mr DO, any other 5200 carts ? Xari Arena complete ?

Whoa, your picture! Wild. I bought the exact same Wall-E toy at a Goodwill several months ago and my plan was to modify it to be a portable gaming system. YOU BEAT ME TO IT. I was thinking of turning him into a Genesis. BTW, I'm going to be at PRGE. :D

• Like 3

I need to track down Missile Command+.I do want to have Centipede and Reactor running on a 2600 with the Trak-Ball at the show. I need a 2600 Trak-Ball controller...Al

B&C has refurbished CX-22's. I need to dust mine off and try those hacks. The Missile Command TB hack was excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

Al, I won't be able to make it this year, I'm abroad for a while :( Will you put the games on the AtariAge shop for us after the expo??

Yes, the games will be made available in the store a few weeks after the show. I'm not going to promise an exact date right now. I will say there are about twelve new games coming out. Details of the games will be posted soon.

..Al

So I've never been and this year I was thinking of going, but I'm not sure if it's in my budget to make a flight - Has anyone been? Is it really awesome?

I think it's a great show. Fairly big and spacious venue, lots to see and do, huge arcade, lots of speakers and talks, tournaments, and so much more. Very well attended also--one of the busiest classic gaming events I've ever attended, and they seem to be growing every year. I'd recommend looking for some photos of past events, and even better, videos. Since I at tend as a vendor I'm usually planted somewhere in the booth, so don't get to explore as much as I'd like.

Where would you be flying in from?

..Al