IGNORED

PSA: Syzygy + Curt covering up my purchase (my fraud senses are tingling)

Rajada

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THE SYZYGY STORE. Curt is currently acting in a very unprofessional way and is not fulfilling my order despite making two promises to do so and receiving my money.

On Friday or Thursday I contacted the Syzygy sales team through their in-site contact form regarding their replacement 7800 cartridge boots. The sales team responded to me, stating they worked well with many 2600 carts as well as allowing better fit of 7800 carts; at no point did they mention any site issues. I made my purchase from the Syzygy store on August 15th. 2 Day shipping would have had the package in my hands on Tuesday or Wednesday. So you can imagine my confusion when 4 days later I had not heard anything or received anything.

When I went to check on my order, the Syzygy store had become broken sometime between my order and Thursday. I attempted to make contact once again with Syzygy through their in-site contact but the email was refused by the postmaster system, claiming the server was down. I then attempted contact through Curt's personal address at AtariMuseum. Also down. A day or two later I found Syzygy company's Facebook and sent them a private chat, asking why my order was ignored.

Syzygy1.PNGSyzygy2.PNGSyzygy3.PNGSyzygy4.PNG

So I trusted his judgement and I waited the week. Saturday rolls around... no answer, Sunday, Monday... etc...

Syzygy5.PNGSyzygy6.PNGSyzygy7.PNG

Still nothing. So I posted on his wall, and that got his attention. I don't know how many of you use Facebook, but there is no email notifications for chats, just for certain feed activities. A wall post is enough for me to get noticed, that's why I did it. I wish I still had that post, but Syzygy deleted it in some attempt to cover up what he said to me. I stated once again that I was going to dispute the charge and he replied with (as best as I can recall):

"You're all set. I'm going to ship two of them out to you as well as a note thanking you for being so patient."

Four or five more days pass, and I am livid. Three times I've been lied to now. I left a message telling him to expect a very poor review for his unprofessional behavior. Nothing any more inflammatory than that. Just me telling him that I thought his practice was unprofessional. Can you imagine if Amazon did this to you? eBay? I wait another day or two for a response, but the post was deleted by then. So here I am now once again warning you:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THE SYZYGY STORE. DO NOT GIVE CURT A CENT UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO RECOUNT A SIMILAR STORY OF FRUSTRATION AND LIES.

I'm not an unreasonable man, I would gladly attach an end to this story stating that he took care of it eventually (better late than never), but at this rate, I am not seeing this story having any resolution. Don't trust him with your money, he is apparently incapable of providing proper customer support. Which is a real shame because his projects looked like they had a lot of potential. Sad to see someone screw themselves by treating customers as badly as he treated me.

Edited by Rajada

Same thing happened to me with two separate USB joystick orders...

Took the payment fine. Then nothing. Eventually got the same contact as above and then nothing.

I made the first order when I was in China so presumed the joystick had been lost in the post (pretty common over there). When back in the UK made a second order... Yep, I'm that naive...

Such a sad way to treat people after all this time. Frankly, I'm more disappointed than angry. :(

Edited by PFL

So has either of you attemtped to do a chargeback?

#InBeforeTheLock

Doing so today. I really hoped it wouldn't come to it. My cart guide is so effed up the cart get squeezed out and doesn't make proper contact.

Business certainly is war, but when you treat your customers like the enemy you're not going to last long. Has anyone actually received anything from this guy?

Edited by Rajada

I once ordered several of the 7800 cart guides from Syzygy. After a while and a few followup contacts I received a USB Atari style joystick (about the same value as what I ordered). I never received the cart guides. The joystick is fine but, I don't use it since I prefer actual hardware.

I would love to have the cart guides but, I don't feel like gambling on another order.

My sense is that the guy is a Woz and he needs a Jobs to handle the business end.

Edited by SIO2

• 2 weeks later...