IGNORED

Multi-cartridge for Dragon/CoCo 2 available

Rolo

Thanks Jinks,

the cased one is gone. At the moment one Multi-Cartridge is left. But I'll make more, as soon as I get new pcbs and eproms. No cases. I mount the pcbs onto metal plates, which is especially fine for the Dragon Computer. The circuitry is not sensitive. Or: It's easy to make a case out of an old, cheap Atari 2600 cartridge shell (maybe an ET-cartridge :P). You could 3D-print a case as well.

I'd help you burning your eprom, sure.

Just PM me some day, you want a cartridge.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:rolling: :thumbsup: :rolling: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolling: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolling: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolling: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolling: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolling: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolling: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolling: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolling: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolling: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolling: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolling:

Extension Cartridge for 1292 Advanced Programmable Video System family available

post-32856-0-90513700-1511914770.jpg

Please check out : http://atariage.com/forums/topic/259234-multi-cartridge-for-interton-vc4000-video-computer/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3899990

Price US$12.99 plus shipping! (Dragon Multi-Cart not included.)
Please write PM.
-Rolo
:)
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey Rolo, :D can I order one please? I just purchased a SOUNDIC Videoconsole, which I believe is another clone of the other systems like hami/prinztronic sysytems. I am not sure if all the games are on one eprom or why people are ordering extensions and extra eproms but I obviously just want all the games on one cart.

Edited by tsunoni

I'll contact you via PM.

"Extension" may not be a proper name. I probably should have simply called it an "adapter". Well, I'm not a native speaker. :?

Extra eproms: If you were using the Multi-cartridge with different consoles, you might want to have more storage space for all those games, without purchasing multiple carriers/pcbs.

SOUNDIC video console: Please specify more precisely. I think, you have one of those "10-button" PONG-style consoles, which are different from the 1292 AVPS. Maybe you post a photo.

• 4 months later...

Well, I made it for the DRAGON 32/64 computer a few years ago (signals, dimensions and edge-connector), which is compatible to CoCo 2.

The idea with the adapters for the other systems came later. Initially that wasn't planned.

The adapters are really cool!

Sorry I'm a relative CoCo noob here...

What would keep this from working in a CoCo1?
(or 3 for that matter?)

I googled around for what would make a cartridge CoCo2 specific and got little except

maybe differences in the Basic ROM and CoCo 2s shipped with more memory....

<< SNIP >>

Sorry I'm a relative CoCo noob here...

What would keep this from working in a CoCo1?

(or 3 for that matter?)

I am fairly new to CoCos too..

Electronically there isn't much difference between the Coco 1 and CoCo 2.. CoCo 3s have a lot of differences...

The CoCo 1 has a 12VDC Supply plus the 5VDC... The CoCo 2 and 3 only have the 5VDC.

The CoCo 1 came with Standard BASIC and if it had 16K or 32K ( and Later 64K ) it could have Extended BASIC.

( CoCo 1s were 4K or 16K and later were expandable to 32K, and once the White CoCo 1s came out they were 64K )

The CoCo 2 came with Standard BASIC and it could have Extended BASIC.

( CoCo 2s were 16K or 64K )

The early CoCo 1s had the Chiclet Keyboards.. The later 64K CoCo 1s came with the Lower Profile, ( meltey key ) Keyboards that the early CoCo 2s came with .

The CoCo 2s were Cost Reduced, in that the Circuit Board was Smaller, so more CoCo 2 Motherboards can be made from the same size Sheet.

I googled around for what would make a cartridge CoCo2 specific and got little except

maybe differences in the Basic ROM and CoCo 2s shipped with more memory....

Maybe and Maybe

See Techno's Page for the Models and their Configurations..

MarkO

• Like 1

Thank you. From that list I see nothing from the cartridges standpoint that would

make a difference for a CoCo 1 or 2, agree?
My CoCo 1 happens to have 64K from a period mod that upgraded it.

Therefore, it has one of the extended color basic versions too to be able

to use the extra memory. So mine is probably closer to a CoCo 2 than

many but I don't even think that necessarily matters.

• Like 1

Thank you. From that list I see nothing from the cartridges standpoint that would

make a difference for a CoCo 1 or 2, agree?

Agree...

It has been discussed in the CoCo Areas, "Can Software detect the difference between a CoCo 1 and a CoCo 2?"

Other than finding 4K of RAM, ( CoCo 1s Only ) or Standard BASIC v1.0, ( I am fairly sure that Standard BASIC was v1.1 by the time the CoCo 2 was shipping ), there doesn't seem to be a way to tell a CoCo 1 with 16K and Extended BASIC or a CoCo 1 with 64K and Extended BASIC and a CoCo 2 with the same RAM and BASIC..

My CoCo 1 happens to have 64K from a period mod that upgraded it.

Therefore, it has one of the extended color basic versions too to be able

to use the extra memory. So mine is probably closer to a CoCo 2 than

many but I don't even think that necessarily matters.

Your CoCo 1 might have been upgraded to 64K, but the BASIC might not have been... Extended BASIC needs 16K at least, but Standard BASIC doesn't care...

The Cartridge Games are written in Assembly Language, so the BASIC is not relevant...

MarkO

Agree...

It has been discussed in the CoCo Areas, "Can Software detect the difference between a CoCo 1 and a CoCo 2?"

Other than finding 4K of RAM, ( CoCo 1s Only ) or Standard BASIC v1.0, ( I am fairly sure that Standard BASIC was v1.1 by the time the CoCo 2 was shipping ), there doesn't seem to be a way to tell a CoCo 1 with 16K and Extended BASIC or a CoCo 1 with 64K and Extended BASIC and a CoCo 2 with the same RAM and BASIC..

Your CoCo 1 might have been upgraded to 64K, but the BASIC might not have been... Extended BASIC needs 16K at least, but Standard BASIC doesn't care...

The Cartridge Games are written in Assembly Language, so the BASIC is not relevant...

MarkO

Thanks for the clarifications; thankfully it has been upgraded to extended basic (1.1 I think), making it, as you assert, hard to distinguish from a CoCo2. I guess I'll be trying the multi cart then!

Edited by cybercowboy

Where is this item at and what is the price? Will the games come pre install? If so can I delete the and install what I need? I will be getting a CocoVGA and Coco SDC as soon as I can.

I am new but I had a Coco2 35 years ago @ 70 I wanted to get back in to it. I have a Coco2 26-3027 16k and I will be upgrading it to 64k this Weekend and it has Extended Basic 1.1.

• Like 1

<< SNIP >>

I just found out today on CoCoTALK! Episode #63, that initially the CoCo's Cartridges were not to rely on any of the ROMs in the CoCo, but later were allowed to access "certian" routines ( Functions )... Per Steve Bjork and then Mark Siegel both who wrote Cartridge Games for the CoCo, BITD...

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,196778/

MarkO

Where is this item at and what is the price? Will the games come pre install? If so can I delete the and install what I need? I will be getting a CocoVGA and Coco SDC as soon as I can.

If you are buying a CoCo SDC you don't need the Dragon/CoCo Multicart. One cartridge is enough.

Dragon/CoCo Multicart: 30 US$ plus shipping

Where? PM on AtariAge

You can burn the eprom in any way you like, as long as you got a burner. Of course I'd assist in that process.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Extension Cartridge for Emerson Arcadia 2001 family available

I made a new extension cartridge connecting the Dragon Multi-Cart to an Emerson Arcadia 2001-console. Wikipedia shows a huge variety of clones: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcadia_2001. I'm having a HANIMEX HMG-2650, which is identical to the Emerson Arcadia 2001.

post-32856-0-94372200-1533028028.jpg post-32856-0-33230100-1533028072.jpg
There are five software compatible sub-families, with unfortunately different cartridge slots. Please consider this. Currently I'm not having any plans to also build extension cartridges for the other sub-types.
I loaded an eprom with 64 games for testing, all of them are running flawlessly, as far as I noticed. :)

post-32856-0-22278200-1533028152.jpg post-32856-0-57536500-1533028115.jpg post-32856-0-96955100-1533028019.jpg

All cartridges available in limited numbers. Please allow some time to manufacture and ship the products. It's a strictly manual (hobby-) process.
Price US$13.99 plus shipping! Please use PM.

Rolo

• Like 4