IGNORED

Random PRGE Preparation Photos

Albert

Packing up some stuff to ship up to Portland today...

shipping_1702_1.jpg

shipping_1702_2.jpg

shipping_1702_3.jpg

Yes, it's expensive. If you have any Commodore monitors or 20" (or larger) televisions you can loan me for the show, I will give you an AtariAge t-shirt, or if you bring more than one, an AtariAge polo shirt or AtariAge pint glass. Please let me bribe you with AtariAge stuff!

..Al

• Like 1

Was Xari Arena modified in any way from the ROM? Just wondering. It is a fun game.

It is a newer version of the game than is currently floating around the net. It has Trak-Ball support (which is excellent), and likely has other changes--for instance, it seems the computer AI is improved. I enjoy the game with both the Trak-Ball and joystick--plays a bit differently with each! My plan is to have two Trak-Ball controllers hooked up to a single 5200 at the show, for simultaneous two-player action! Dan Kramer would be proud! We will be releasing the binary, probably the day I add the game to the store after PRGE.

Thanks to Ken Van Mersbergen for unearthing this version of the game! Matt Reichert put together the manual text for the game, and David Exton has created beautiful artwork that graces the box, manual and label (and he also did the layout for those three items)..

xari_arena_box.jpg

..Al

• Like 7

Re: removing of the labels, I've had great luck placing a bunch in a shallow pan (cookie pans to be exact), face down and filled with a little Goo Gone. Let sit overnight, and they almost always just flake or peel right off...

I use goo gone too. But I peel the foil layer off, which can be a pain. After that, it takes about 15 minutes for the goo gone to soak thru the paper and soften the glue. I can often peel the paper off in one piece.

• Like 1

I use goo gone too. But I peel the foil layer off, which can be a pain. After that, it takes about 15 minutes for the goo gone to soak thru the paper and soften the glue. I can often peel the paper off in one piece.

Right on. Talking about an overnight application though usually no need to peel the foil layer off beforehand. After a night's worth of soaking, whole label peels off but good. :)

What's Aria?

It's a new, flash-programmable 32K board with 2K of on-board RAM. Can support most bankswitching schemes, but not DPC+ mode, as the Melody and Harmony use a more advanced part. Games can even write to the flash to save high scores, settings, and so forth. Star Castle Arcade uses this capability to save a high score table for each of the four game variations, as well as the current color setting (NTSC, PAL, B&W). It also remembers the last initials that were entered so you don't have to enter them again each time you enter a new score (but you can override, of course).

..Al

• Like 3